Audi 200t idle stabilizer valve testing

Started by driftwood, December 05, 2014, 12:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driftwood

Hi Folks.

My ISV is playing up it seems to be stuck open but more worrying its stopped buzzing and there is no voltage at the plug.
Anyone any ideas ?

Pete
Audi 200t 1985 8)

Stanceking

Give it a clean out with some carb cleaner
1983 500sec

ranton-inc

driftwood

All cleaned out, passing very slightly when I blow through it ...

driftwood

bench tested it and its opening and shutting when wiring it direct to the battery ... this is gonna get expensive !! :-\

ranton-inc

Quote from: driftwood on December 05, 2014, 03:05:27 PM
bench tested it and its opening and shutting when wiring it direct to the battery ... this is gonna get expensive !! :-\

it is probably a temperature sensor is not plugged in on the engine.. or your ISV Relay is playing up.

if a temp sensor is off the ISV Relay thinks crap is hot and tries to shut the engine down.

driftwood

where is the relay located ? Couldn't see it in the main fuse box. Interesting your thoughts about it being temperature related.
It only started doing this after the engine got hot whilst towing my trailer the other day .. the 2nd speed on the fan kicked in, which I've never heard on this particular 200.
The brass multi malfunction switch is new . Is this the sensor that controls the ISV?

ranton-inc

Quote from: driftwood on December 05, 2014, 06:01:54 PM
where is the relay located ? Couldn't see it in the main fuse box. Interesting your thoughts about it being temperature related.
It only started doing this after the engine got hot whilst towing my trailer the other day .. the 2nd speed on the fan kicked in, which I've never heard on this particular 200.
The brass multi malfunction switch is new . Is this the sensor that controls the ISV?

no there will be some temp sensors screwed in to the head somewhere..

Stanceking

Where are you located? I can take a look if your in auckland
1983 500sec

driftwood

I'm on the darkside... Taranaki !! lol vicegrips are now controlling the idling speed !! Still going strong .. loved the cold dense air this morning on the way to work ! got that turbo singing !

need to find the temp sensor controlling the ISV and where the relay is...

Pushbutton_auto

Yeah, clean it out,

check all the connections, look for leaks in the connecting pipes and oil getting in places where it shouldn't.

If it works on the bench, then you gonna have to find the weak link in your system.

http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/trouble_shooting/trouble.html 
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.