Mk2 Owners - Your cars please...

Started by rambo_005, July 24, 2006, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RevHappy

CURRENT: Mk2 Golf - 1.8t, Coil overs, Passat leather, 16x8, Daily Driven

GONE: Mk2 Jetta - Big Bumpers, Big Windows, Lowered, 15X6 Alloys, and MK1 Suzuki Cultus Gti G13b rally cams, bilstein shocks and springs, momo 14X7 alloys

clich? guevara

Hello to you all,here are the only 2 pics of my fella that I have in my photobucket account. Turbo Diesel (jap import) been on hold for a year now pending a makeover has recently been replaced by a MK3 GSX (SA import) as a daily. MK2 developed a brake fault,only seems to brake on front passenger wheel.Any ideas? Have done master cyl and both rears.Not changed the bias valve yet though.There will be more pics if and when work starts again.

What Would Judas Do?

cyansnow

1989 Mk2 Golf
2.0L 16V engine from a Mk3 GTI (ABF)
Coilover Adjusties and 15x8 BBS RS alloys
Thule Roofracks
Leather front seats from a Passat

Only modification I've made in the 2months I've owned her is to fit a twin exhaust tip.

Photo Album
http://imgur.com/a/9mVwg#1
'71 SuperBeetle 1302s
'81 Caddy
'85 GTI 8v
'89 Golf ABF swap
'93 Golf VR6
'12 Golf GTI

o0-aaron-0o

1987 Mk2 Golf Gti
2.0L 2E 8V engine
Everything is standard Mk2 apart from the engine swap. :)

RevHappy

Nice, looks tidy. Looks like custom paint. Any more photos?
CURRENT: Mk2 Golf - 1.8t, Coil overs, Passat leather, 16x8, Daily Driven

GONE: Mk2 Jetta - Big Bumpers, Big Windows, Lowered, 15X6 Alloys, and MK1 Suzuki Cultus Gti G13b rally cams, bilstein shocks and springs, momo 14X7 alloys

o0-aaron-0o

Yup, It was originally white.
Only recently bought it just before new years.
These photos were after a good wash :)

Dano95

So now I finally own the mk2 I've wanted for many years now (Pontos mk2) built by m developments. It's been in my dad's hands for several years now since we picked it up from Barry in the south island and cared for it like a baby as will I . Only changes that has been done since he bought it is the change of the gear box as he daily drove it for quite a while and the short ratio was awesome for driving quick but not the best for open road . He bought a brand new Nos mk4 gear box from south America with a final drive between the normal vr6 and the v5 ,so more of a happy medium, can't remember the exact final drive off my head but he also had a  wave trac lsd fitted at the same time which is awesome . Other then that the car hasn't changed much perfect the way it is .

Dano95

VW'n

06 B6 Passat Wagon 2L Turbo (Family Wagon)
87 Mk2 Golf silver (the toy)
95 mk3 gti rusty ABF (Sold)
86 Mk2 Golf red (sold)
89 Mk2 Golf blue (sold)
85 Mk2 Golf GTI silver (parted)

Pauljvr

Hi
Thanks for accepting me on the forum
I am currently building a mk2 gti with a 1.8T motor pic to follow
As well as a mk2  2 door with the 1.8  k-jet gti motor for some fun on the track

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Pauljvr on October 07, 2016, 09:07:01 PM
Hi
Thanks for accepting me on the forum
I am currently building a mk2 gti with a 1.8T motor pic to follow
As well as a mk2  2 door with the 1.8  k-jet gti motor for some fun on the track

Welcome.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

McDoof

My old MK2 Syncro when I was in the UK
Running Webber carb conversion and I did the big bumpers, black tail lights, indicators and wheels myself. That was also my first custom sub box
I just a check on the rego and it has been off the road since 2009 and has been painted RED!!!

NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

Boofasa

Hi - thanks for having me on the forum
1988 GTi 16V - small bumper
UK import

Owned it since circa 2004 - kept it on the road (just) until 2013 then stored it.
Came back from UK in 2017 to discover rust...has been in a state of restoration since. 

Gearbox has been refurbished, all factory parts. 
Engine standard, 137k miles.
Bilstein B12 pro kit on its way - hopefully fitted November.

Looking for parcel tray (lost after storage).

A love affair my wife will never understand... 

Boofasa

Upload folder is full so can't load an image

McDoof

Upload your images to a free hosting site like imgur or flickr. Then use the BBCode to post up here. Most images here are not hosted on the site itself
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

Boofasa

It's been a while.  Finally got round to uploading some photos - hopefully these work.

Recently got my BBS rims tidied up.  Been dailying her lately.  So nice to have her back.

139K miles now.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/195142023@N04/shares/qb3810