Mk2 Owners - Your cars please...

Started by rambo_005, July 24, 2006, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1.8t

Upload them to photobucket.com

due to limited space on the server it might be full at the moment, with photobucket.com you wont have this issue :)
Dudlee the 86 318i
Past.. 95 328i M Coupe, 97 Pug 306, 97 Vento

johnp

Quote from: 1.8t on August 17, 2006, 04:11:30 PM
Upload them to photobucket.com

due to limited space on the server it might be full at the moment, with photobucket.com you wont have this issue :)
Quote from: johnp on August 17, 2006, 03:15:18 PM
I do not seem to be able to upload any photos!
OK thanks for that, one photo is now sitting on photbucket.com.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k261/jmpron/Golf014x.jpg

1.8t

Dudlee the 86 318i
Past.. 95 328i M Coupe, 97 Pug 306, 97 Vento

phil

GTI's

How did you load a photo that big on vask?? you hacker!

GTI's

Quote from: johnp on August 17, 2006, 03:12:44 PM
I have a big bumpered Mk2 "GT" Golf, origially a RV engined auto from Japan and factory labelled as a "GT".
It has the GTI interior as standard, no sunroof but aircon.
Came with the 15" BBS alloys, quad headlight grille, and smoked rear taillight lenses.
It now sports a 2.0l 16v with K-motronic injection, 256mm front brake set up, rear discs, is lowered 40mm with Eibach springs, and of course has a 5 speed close ratio box.
Very nice!

gfunk

Sorry Phil, I forgot to put up the photo, of course the car is no longer on the 16" porsche replica's

hartster

My venerable old valver, enjoying country life being thrashed around the tight and twisties.

Plans: change out the current AON gearbox (8v) for a close ratio FD out of a MK1 / Scirocco.

To cage or not to cage? Still haven't made up my mind which car to transform into the hillclimber, this one, the MK1 or the Scirocco. All talk, no action, blame the farm / baby / wife / weather / building projects / life.

Great to be able to upload at last!

phil

Yay, the shocks and springs have arrived from TM Tuning, and are on the car, so at last I can post some up to date pictures in here. Very happy with the lowering amount, and the car now goes round corners like a gocart.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: phil on August 28, 2006, 05:49:42 PM
Yay, the shocks and springs have arrived from TM Tuning, and are on the car, so at last I can post some up to date pictures in here. Very happy with the lowering amount, and the car now goes round corners like a gocart.

Gald to see your happy, your car is looking very cool :)
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

hartster

Phil, that's a beautiful looking golf. Hi perve factor, that one, it's my favourite colour. The wife wants it! It's great that there's a few out there with the TM Tuning suspension to give tight wads like me the confidence to get some too one day. Now how about a snap of that other car of yours mentioned at the bottom of your posts ?

phil

Thanks Hartster. I love my golf so much I have decided to sell the 911, as I want the garage space for the GTI. I want to replace the 911 with something like a S2 Coupe or similar that will serve as more of an every day car. Here a pic of the Porsche, it is also for sale on TM.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Porsche/auction-68377011.htm

hartster

That's a highly desirable car, that Porsche. Oh well, I weighed up the options and ended up with a Citigolf instead ;)

I don't think I've ever heard someone say they've given up their Porsche for a Golf. It's like a Ferrari for a Fiat. Whatever, it's a hell of a reason.

89Golfer

sadly it was sold, the best golf on earth.. :

1.8 digifant, with performance chip.
13.25 km. per liter petrol!
2 x 12" subs, 6 x 9 (x2), 6"(x2) Amp, Cd head unit, all sony components.
15" mag wheels, thier name not known.
(I have not driven a Gti yet, but can you beat the economy?)
85 Nissan Exa, 89 Subaru Leone Gtxi,
85 Honda Civic, 89 Volkswagen Golf (digi)
92 Volkswagen 2NF Polo "Steilheck"

85gti

Hi-i am new to the register(what a great site-impressed!).
I have just purchased a early 85 Mk2 GTI Golf (3 door ,NZ New-1st reg March 85).
Rescued the GTI before it went to a life of being in in a wreckers and ultimately sent to the crushers(owner just wanted to get rid of it).
Exterior colour is white(original paint in good condition) and has the original grey with red striped upholstery. Has the factory windback sunroof,Pirelli Wheels,1.8 8 valve engine,5 speed manual plus headlight washers etc...
All original-not modified.
Chassis #WVWZZZ19ZFW358909
Engine #EV055496

Slowly learning about these-does anyone know about my particular model?

Will post some pics soon..

Mike

Pristle

Looking very tidy on the road. Spotted coming down Khyber Pass this morning. I was driving my 'new' wheels, more about them somewhere else.

Period_Correct_

looking good phil. have you got the extractors on the car as well? have u noticed a difference?
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

phil

Yes, the extractors are in the car, and the rest of the exhaust has had an overhaul. A 2 inch pipe (same diameter as the Milltek extractors) with two resonators leading to a muffler with new 3" twin tip pipes. I had it without the muffler and a 3rd resonator for a few weeks, but I sounded like a boy racer, and replaced it with the muffler. It now has a better understated sound which is what I am after.

And yes there is a difference, not sure exactally how much, but it does seem quicker.

robh

latest pic of my mark 2 VR6 engine bay, most recent changes:

ditched Malpassi Fuel Pressure Regulator for Turbosmart
ditched VW coilpack for Mitsi VR4 coils and ignitor
added new MSD 8.5mm Ignition Leads
rerouted header tank hoses

it's almost starting to look tidy in there :)
Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

ETRAIN

Fnally got a picture small enough for the web :)