Gti Body Kit
Gti Seats
Lowerd 40 in the front and 30 at the back
Future Mods Smiley
One day a 9a

gti _luv

allright dont think this worked the last time
heres my 1990 gti 16v
also hav an 87(i think) but thats a work in progrees lol.

this one doesnt have to many mods ummm
tints, sounds and 17s it was lowerd by last owner(think he was a member)

Hope this picture works

rambo_005

1984 Golf GTI 3dr, NZ new, Silver, 1.8L 8 valve K-Jetronic EV engine, Manual, 245,000km's, Sunroof, MFA ;D

Simon MkII

That's a perfect candidate for a 1.8t swap!
Mazda Mx5

rambo_005

Quote from: 16vGTI on September 19, 2006, 08:16:04 AM
That's a perfect candidate for a 1.8t swap!

If only it was as simple as a swap! 2.0l 16V maybe...

gti _luv

oh man this is now my 3rd attempt at posting

so  thanks guys for the 3rde time

heres my 87 jetta

gti _luv

Sweet it worked this time..

Hre it is before i tore it apart

uero-jet

Quote from: gti _luv on September 19, 2006, 03:36:58 PM
oh man this is now my 3rd attempt at posting

so  thanks guys for the 3rde time

heres my 87 jetta

now that is passion... love what youre doing man .
you need more balls to restore a jetta,parts a little less comon

gti _luv

cheers man.
Its realy just a paint job,dont need to many parts except for a windscreen and heater core so shouldnt be to bad.

michaeljohnz

Hi Rambo

A bit late in the night to reply fully but will update soon. I own a 1990 MkII GTI 8v (Big Bumper) purchased in the UK full original UK spec..a bit new to the lingo, so bear with me. Dark metallic blue 5 door model. No changes ex factory EXCEPT had to replace factory installed alarm after Giltrap's stuffed up majorly (they cut the alarm wiring as they did not know how to disable; this was followed by not replacing the gear links properly after a clutch replacement, causing the gear to lock in second the day after I collected. NEVER use Giltrap's! Will post photos soon (once I take them lol). Now use two brilliant guys in Newmarket Auckland who used to race VW's and know the models inside out. More techno stuff to follow but not sure how much interest there is...Regards Michael

robh

Quote from: michaeljohnz on September 26, 2006, 10:47:35 PM
Now use two brilliant guys in Newmarket Auckland who used to race VW's and know the models inside out.

which company is that?
Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

michaeljohnz

OK..my mechanic's address and details:
Morrow Auto Electrical & VW Service Ltd
15 Mahuru Street
Newmarket
Ph: (09) 520 6554

Dirk seems to work more on Audi's and Vic on VW although both are good. Been using them now for about 10 years. They know how to work on engines with their brains although they have diagnostic equipment of course. Mahuru Street is parallel to Broadway, just before the junction with Gt South Rd..

jono

Here's our 1987 16V GTI.  Sold new in Auckland, but has spent most of its life in Wellington.  We've had it 6 years.  No mods from standard.  It's for sale if anyone's interested in a well run in original condition car with reasonably good history.

Otto Valvola

1986 5door Gti 8v. Original appart from sound system. 1400w amp with 330w 6'9s in the back Bose speakers in the front.
No warrant or rego (still got black plates). Condision isn't to bad. Bit of rust in one door and a couple of dents. Needs new paint, recondition exterior plastics, and interior trim is a bit ruff. Should be a bit healthier in a few months.

Mk2VRT

im trying to give it the old euro style look, aggressive wide stance, low with some deep dish wheels 8)
thats also a pic of the interior, got the 16V printed on it

GTI's

Quote from: Mk2VRT on November 14, 2006, 09:45:26 AM
im trying to give it the old euro style look, aggressive wide stance, low with some deep dish wheels 8)
thats also a pic of the interior, got the 16V printed on it
looks nice what wheels are those?   I have a black 16 v 2dr mk2.  welcome.

16v GTi

Well I completed the "initiation process".  My car ('87 Golf GTi 16V) was sold to me as NZ New but turned out to be a SA import, it was imported 1 year old with 13,000km on it.  I bought it sight unseen off trademe and had the seller met me at Auckland airport after 10 years oversaes.  The owners manual claims 103kw and it certainly feels like they all are still there after 188,000km, what are the differences between NZ New and a SA import car?  Also, the paint is a bit faded/oxidized, I bought a can of polyglaze cut and polish is this okay to use on my car?  Sorry if these are dumb questions, have only owned new cars for the last 5 years.  Thanks.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: 16v GTi on November 21, 2006, 10:53:18 PM
Well I completed the "initiation process".  My car ('87 Golf GTi 16V) was sold to me as NZ New but turned out to be a SA import, it was imported 1 year old with 13,000km on it.  I bought it sight unseen off trademe and had the seller met me at Auckland airport after 10 years oversaes.  The owners manual claims 103kw and it certainly feels like they all are still there after 188,000km, what are the differences between NZ New and a SA import car?  Also, the paint is a bit faded/oxidized, I bought a can of polyglaze cut and polish is this okay to use on my car?  Sorry if these are dumb questions, have only owned new cars for the last 5 years.  Thanks.

We had an SA MK2 GTI 8V  import, I know on that car certain parts are different to euro spec cars.

I knew a bloke who owned an SA MK2 GTI 16V, visually, they are painted black under the bumpers (small bumper model) and dont seem to have bee sting aerials which all euro spec MK2 16Vs do.

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8