Mk2 Owners - Your cars please...

Started by rambo_005, July 24, 2006, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uero-jet

Quotegot some 17's for the 16v.
Now i need some coilovers!
nice one.... why dont you have half smoked rears?
hope u guna come for a drive in it?

Period_Correct_

sporting my white enkei NTO3s 15x7 with GSD3s

normally the pliug wires are cable tied, and it looks heaps neater, but had to locktite the bolts that hold the ruel rail down.
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

RS ZWEI

Quote from: NasTnaS on September 26, 2007, 02:42:58 PM

sporting my white enkei NTO3s 15x7 with GSD3s

normally the pliug wires are cable tied, and it looks heaps neater, but had to locktite the bolts that hold the ruel rail down.

Looks great Nige, I didnt know they made those Enkei rims in 15 inch form.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Period_Correct_

cheers mate, yea, the 15x8s were a bit too heavy....  :(
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

aussieg60

Hello, I thought it would be about time for me to share my ride with your forum. I am from Australia and have a MK2 GTI with a G60 motor.

cheers
Voy

http://s240.beta.photobucket.com/user/aussieg60/library/GTI%20G60%20Project
http://s240.beta.photobucket.com/user/aussieg60/library/GTI%20G60%20Project

Period_Correct_

mark2 golf

89 mk2 1.8t
97 mk3 gti 1.8t
90 190e 2.6
17 Amarok v6
09 golf gti

gti vr6

1986 Mk2 Scirocco
2021 T6.1 4M LWB Transporter Trendline

robh

That's a lovely looking car and the best colour ;)

Is it a G60 that was converted to RHD or a GTI that had a G60 motor conversion?

Also love the intercooler shrouding, where did that come from?  I assume your just pulling air from the front of the car and not through a bonnet scoop?

Sell it to me for $100 :)
Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

aussieg60

Always liked the G60. Its not an original as they were only lefty's, I did the install in my GTI. Was easy conversion, plug n play really.

The TMIC is standard G60 for cars with A/C and turbo diesel. Air is pulled through from front. It does get hot if always on the boost.

chis

heres my new (well to me) mk2gti- soon to be lowered and get new shoes so ill post the update and you guys can tell me if you approve! hahahah
mods- well its a 2litre 8v gtiengineering convert of the highest spec they did at the time- and to tell you the truth ive tried to find out what that consists of but gtiengineering just fires back that theyve deleted all records pre 95 or something- so there you go.

formerly mk1 gti
currently gti engineering mk2 which got ABF'd!
B5 S4
B5 RS4

uero-jet

nice man
88+ big bumper 2dr mk2 gti....thats a mint combo

gti vr6

Quote from: aussieg60 on November 08, 2007, 08:22:59 PM
Always liked the G60. Its not an original as they were only lefty's, I did the install in my GTI. Was easy conversion, plug n play really.

The TMIC is standard G60 for cars with A/C and turbo diesel. Air is pulled through from front. It does get hot if always on the boost.

Where did you find the G60 kit?
1986 Mk2 Scirocco
2021 T6.1 4M LWB Transporter Trendline

GTI's

Couldn't resist putting these on the black car.
not before taking the motor and box out of the project car.
nice working on a car when all the nuts and bolts are working.
made it easy :)
Nice car Chis! I've spotted this once before. and there is a blue big bumper one similar specs around. Mt Eden.
Nice one! 8)

aussieg60

Quote from: chis on November 18, 2007, 07:20:01 PM
well its a 2litre 8v gtiengineering convert of the highest spec they did at the time- and to tell you the truth ive tried to find out what that consists of but gtiengineering just fires back that theyve deleted all records pre 95 or something- so there you go.

Nice looking cars people  ;)

I have some GTI Engineering brochures sent to me back then. I can look the specs up if you like.

Quote from: gti vr6 on November 18, 2007, 08:20:34 PM
Where did you find the G60 kit?

If your asking about the IC and plastic ducting, I searched for ages through german ebay until I found what I needed.

uero-jet

chis...
i remember this car being on trademe.the guy said it was a 2l and some vasker went and looked at it.

chis

yea i have all the original information about the upgrade; RE2000- have the pamphlets setting out the modifications and stuff- thanks- but theyre kinda sketchy on the details- things like "upgraded injection system"- what the hell does that mean?
euro jet- yea i remember a few ppl going to have a look at it- but i snuck in there first!  think he was asking a little too much initially but its a really mint car
formerly mk1 gti
B5 S4
B5 RS4

phil

Yep, I went and looked at the GTI Enginering car. Started it up, sounded good, and no smoke but didn't drive it.

When I saw it, it needed some loving from an enthuisast, there was something strange going on with the panel work around the boot from memory, but can't remember for sure.

A nice unique car.....welcome :-)

chis

yea the enthusiast is me phil!  ;D needs the seats made neater, a few dinged panels etc- you should have driven it!  would be much the same as ur mk2 though not quite as epic i would imagine cos its gotta a lot more ks on its conversion than yours has.  one of the rear corners has had a ding at some stage and been repaired and looks a bit funny from the interior but no rust as of yet- i poked around in it real good after the lessons my mk1 taught me...
formerly mk1 gti
B5 S4
B5 RS4

phil

Quote from: chis on November 19, 2007, 09:35:32 AM
yea the enthusiast is me phil!  ;D needs the seats made neater, a few dinged panels etc- you should have driven it!  would be much the same as ur mk2 though not quite as epic i would imagine cos its gotta a lot more ks on its conversion than yours has.  one of the rear corners has had a ding at some stage and been repaired and looks a bit funny from the interior but no rust as of yet- i poked around in it real good after the lessons my mk1 taught me...

Yeah I wanted to drive it, and asked, but I think he might have been looking after his kids or something and I never drove it.