Mk2 Owners - Your cars please...

Started by rambo_005, July 24, 2006, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da Original GTI

:'(
Quote from: djrisk on May 22, 2008, 09:00:59 PM
Saw this today on the ellerslie on-ramp, looked awesome and sounded even better!
Pure sex on wheels....SHE IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!1 :-*

robh

Quote from: nacnud on June 06, 2008, 04:22:49 PM
Hi, new member here.
Thought i would post my Jetta, nothing special but i love it to bits apart form its little niggles. It is a 1991 South Africa CLI, 5 speed with leather interior.
At the moment I'm at a bit of a loss as my drivers side head light has broken and i cannot find a replacement anywhere. I've been told it was a rally model???? and that i can put in the standard headlights but will need new grill and mounting brackets? I've had a look in the for sale section but there doesn't seem to be anything in there.
Any input or help would be great. No Headlight = no wof  >:(
Thanks

Note. photo was taken before light broke

if you go to Golf lights, make sure you keep hold of the old Rallye slam panel, grille and remaining headlight, they are extremely rare new or second hand.
Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

michaeljohnz

OK..a brief update. My car before respraying and in the sprayers b eing sanded back. Hope to post the finished job soon.. 

Voxjet2

Hello Everybody , new registered member here. Been looking at this forum for a long time and have been admiring members cars till now that i have got my own. I just picked a 1990 VW Mk2 Jetta yesterday. Love the car to bits , my first fwd car and  good on fuel compared to my Bmw e32. Its a 1.8 with an autobox (unfortunately), bloody good condition though. Bought from a an old couple in Otorohanga  (And i bet thats  the only reason none of the hundreds or so thats viewed it on trademe bothered).
  I don't quite know what model it is though , cli,glx,gl???? Its a 1.8 and its got a cat. Imported but the only other standard Jetta ive seen with leather interior other than another VASK members car. I love the bucket front-seats. The only  thing that bothers me is a lack of a lower front spoiler (the car was from a steep gradient farm for many years).   
1997 VW Golf GTI 2.0 16V
2006 VW Passat B6 2.0T Variant

GTI's

Awesome score!  It's dead easy to make that a manual.
Just wait for a mk2 manual to turn up at pick a part and milk the box and shifting bits out.
Some one here will have some stuff to help you out??

gti vr6

Quote from: Voxjet2 on June 22, 2008, 06:17:07 PM
Hello Everybody , new registered member here. Been looking at this forum for a long time and have been admiring members cars till now that i have got my own. I just picked a 1990 VW Mk2 Jetta yesterday. Love the car to bits , my first fwd car and  good on fuel compared to my Bmw e32. Its a 1.8 with an autobox (unfortunately), bloody good condition though. Bought from a an old couple in Otorohanga  (And i bet thats  the only reason none of the hundreds or so thats viewed it on trademe bothered).
  I don't quite know what model it is though , cli,glx,gl???? Its a 1.8 and its got a cat. Imported but the only other standard Jetta ive seen with leather interior other than another VASK members car. I love the bucket front-seats. The only  thing that bothers me is a lack of a lower front spoiler (the car was from a steep gradient farm for many years).   

Good buy, I was looking at this also ....
1986 Mk2 Scirocco
2021 T6.1 4M LWB Transporter Trendline

Thomas

Hello everyone this is my first post,

Um my first car (below) a 1989 mk2 golf, i love it to bits much better than some of the jap crap my friends are into, i plan o doing a couple of things to this car.

Cheers

Voxjet2

Quote from: Liquid Blaze on June 22, 2008, 08:04:28 PM

Um my first car (below) a 1989 mk2 golf, i love it to bits much better than some of the jap crap my friends are into, i plan o doing a couple of things to this car.

Cheers

Hey you've got a brilliant start, 3 door mk2, some supersport coilovers, deep dish wheels and worked motor and you're all set.
Check these beauties out.
http://www.vwfixx.com/forums/index.php?showforum=399
1997 VW Golf GTI 2.0 16V

Thomas

Quote from: Voxjet2 on June 22, 2008, 08:36:37 PM

Hey you've got a brilliant start, 3 door mk2, some supersport coilovers, deep dish wheels and worked motor and you're all set.
Check these beauties out.
http://www.vwfixx.com/forums/index.php?showforum=399

Cheers I think first things first i need to get it stripped and painted, then i can really get onto the other upgrades im interested in, considering a 1.8T engine (sorry not to knowledgeable in the engine department)

EDIT: anyone got any recommendations for a place i can get a full re-spray?

uero-jet

nice mk2s guys...
both of them are above average ones leather,2door very kool.
enjoy vask.mk2 are a very good starting point and very fun to play around with.

AndyGti

Quote from: Liquid Blaze on June 22, 2008, 08:04:28 PM

Cheers

looks just like my very first golf  :'( looks tidy from the picture mate. i also have a 3 door and was contemplating getting a respray but brendan(gti) told me a very good point theres nothing worse than chipping fresh paint when your messing round with putting a new engine in. mate get your hands on a 16v engine blap it in and youll be away

Thomas

Quote from: andyball1 on June 23, 2008, 03:49:27 PM
looks just like my very first golf  :'( looks tidy from the picture mate. i also have a 3 door and was contemplating getting a respray but brendan(gti) told me a very good point theres nothing worse than chipping fresh paint when your messing round with putting a new engine in. mate get your hands on a 16v engine blap it in and youll be away

Yea i was thinking that but, just little secret the other side of the car has a bit of rust on it, we couldn't find the right blue so its more purple under the rear window and i had to take some rust out under the windscreen seeing as the i broke

uero-jet

marine blue
la5b  ;)   (code)
very comon mk2 colour

michaeljohnz

Quote from: Liquid Blaze on June 22, 2008, 08:45:34 PM
Cheers I think first things first i need to get it stripped and painted, then i can really get onto the other upgrades im interested in, considering a 1.8T engine (sorry not to knowledgeable in the engine department)

EDIT: anyone got any recommendations for a place i can get a full re-spray?

Hiya..I've just spent 15minutes giving a run-down on all the I've just had done..only to loose the message due Windows crap. Drop me a line I can give you my experience (good). In the interim check this site for colours
http://www.gti16v.com/vwcolors.htm#vwcolors

michaeljohnz

Quote from: Liquid Blaze on June 23, 2008, 07:10:36 PM
Yea i was thinking that but, just little secret the other side of the car has a bit of rust on it, we couldn't find the right blue so its more purple under the rear window and i had to take some rust out under the windscreen seeing as the i broke
Meant to add..mine has a label under the floor mat inside the boot..it had details of the paint colour code..

rc64

New member from whangarei, 1990 jetta, had it on 15 x 8 sportmaxs with 0 offset and 165 40 15s :D but now rides on 15 x 8 enkies offset +5 & +20 with 195 50s, have lowered a little and tidyed up bits and pieces cleaned up all the plastic but still need to cut front gaurds and mount flares.

80 Vert

Cool wheels, love the look of them on the Jetta.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

RS ZWEI

Quote from: rc64 on June 29, 2008, 03:18:57 PM
New member from whangarei, 1990 jetta, had it on 15 x 8 sportmaxs with 0 offset and 165 40 15s :D but now rides on 15 x 8 enkies offset +5 & +20 with 195 50s, have lowered a little and tidyed up bits and pieces cleaned up all the plastic but still need to cut front gaurds and mount flares.

Welcome to the forum, nice car.

Good to see so much interest in Jettas of late, we must have had 4 new Jetta members join in 4 weeks?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

rc64

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on June 29, 2008, 03:57:59 PM
Welcome to the forum, nice car.

Good to see so much interest in Jettas of late, we must have had 4 new Jetta members join in 4 weeks?

Cheers, Been browsing on here for quite a while had the car for about 4 months. Thought i better join up.
Theres a few things id like to do to it when money allows. ;D

Voxjet2

Hey mate, awsome Jetta  its inspiring to see what mine could look like. Is your front spoiler factory? only asking cos mine is missing and on a search for one from a MK2 or Mk3.

1997 VW Golf GTI 2.0 16V