Mk2 Owners - Your cars please...

Started by rambo_005, July 24, 2006, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poonmobile

Thanks Andrew, I'm loving small bumpers and windows at the mo, but I would say that!
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

blackbetty

Quote from: Poonmobile on May 23, 2011, 09:27:53 AM
Got bored over weekend so:
http://vimeo.com/24067978

Getting cert (hopefully) this week!

Very nice! good luck for the cert.
'93 Vr6 Golf Donor
'94 Vr6 Golf
'88 3dr Golf
'90 Honda Civic Pro -- RIP
'74 Series 3 SWB Land Rover -- Sold
'73 MK3 Ford Cortina

deedub

Quote from: Poonmobile on May 23, 2011, 09:27:53 AM
Got bored over weekend so:
http://vimeo.com/24067978

Getting cert (hopefully) this week!

Nice! So how much quicker is a mk2 VR6 than a mk3 VR6 ? :P
1983 T25 Microbus - keep forever, never finish
1988 mk2 Golf 2L 16v - work in progress

RS ZWEI

Quote from: deedub on May 23, 2011, 11:16:42 AM
Nice! So how much quicker is a mk2 VR6 than a mk3 VR6 ? :P

I also want to know this.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Poonmobile

First impressions would lead me to believe it is much quicker, off the mark and also better handling due to the reduction of weight. It feels like it should have always been in a mk2 body. In saying that it is much more raw and viceral, you can really hear and feel the engine and it just puts a massive smile on your face. I haven't had a good chance to ring it out, not being completely road legal and the fact I still have some fine tuning to do with suspension I don't want to do anything stupid just yet. If I can make the next track I'll be taking it down for a good blat.
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

coons

Quote from: Poonmobile on May 23, 2011, 12:46:26 PM
First impressions would lead me to believe it is much quicker, off the mark and also better handling due to the reduction of weight. It feels like it should have always been in a mk2 body. In saying that it is much more raw and viceral, you can really hear and feel the engine and it just puts a massive smile on your face. I haven't had a good chance to ring it out, not being completely road legal and the fact I still have some fine tuning to do with suspension I don't want to do anything stupid just yet. If I can make the next track I'll be taking it down for a good blat.

Look forward to having a ride in it!  ;D Good luck for the cert

rambo_005

Looking good Ash, you must be pleased :)

Poonmobile

yeah I am Cam, it's a real buzz!
Current:
Past:

Brady

This is my baby. Had her for a few weeks now and just sussed out an ECU thanks to BB.
Still have to suss out some wiring in the engine bay but should be going in a few days.
The only plans i have for it at the moment is to get it a bit lower and re do some of the tints :D
Is running a 2.0L 16valve engine.

Cheers
Brady

SOFTLAD

That is a great car. 8) 8) 8)
Michael didn't resolve the problems prior to sale by the sounds of it.

Brady

Quote from: SOFTLAD on May 30, 2011, 07:09:14 PM
That is a great car. 8) 8) 8)
Michael didn't resolve the problems prior to sale by the sounds of it.

Haha to be honest the wiring was a mess. Some of the joins were cellotaped together, and i actually mean cellotape not electrical tape haha, and there was a lot of cut wires that lead to no where, but i think i've sused them all out. But apart from that everything is good   :D
Just hoping the police around here don't pick on me because of the look of it, sick of police attention haha.

Cheers
Brady

95 Vento CLi

Police attention? You get looked at by the cops in a VW? haha I've never been pulled up in my MK3? haha like EVER? and its low, wide steels red and black. MOB ROLLER lol I've even had cops follow me and still nothing. I don't see why the would pull you over?
Not Impressed LTNZ.
Will I get to drive my car this summer? Hope so!

Brady

Quote from: BossGolf86 on May 30, 2011, 10:03:04 PM
Police attention? You get looked at by the cops in a VW? haha I've never been pulled up in my MK3? haha like EVER? and its low, wide steels red and black. MOB ROLLER lol I've even had cops follow me and still nothing. I don't see why the would pull you over?

Oh sounds mint! I love the wide and low stance.
Well with the plans I've got for it i think it will pull a bit of piggy attention  >:D
I want to weld up some stainless steel Bozo pipes, lower it another few inches and lathe up some spacers so the rims sit out a bit more.
Going to give it a nice hellaflush stance, just need to start saving haha.

Cheers
Brady

95 Vento CLi

:D :D :D

I like your style mate!  8) Boso pipes on a euro is DOPE always wanted to do something like that to my mk3! haha but can't weld
:/ I'm getting some spacers for the rears as they don't sit out far enough for my likings haha not going to bother with re-certing just for spacers either just take them off when I go for wof :P haha and hop cops don't pull me up

I saw this was for sale on TM ages ago but you obviously pulled it off? or did you buy this from the seller on TM?

:) Me, brookfromhamilton and Jason hunter on here have our lil VW group here in hamilton, we're all about the Low/wide/stance scene haha I take it your in auckland?
Not Impressed LTNZ.

Brady

Haha cheers bro. Low loud and proud  >:D
Oh sick, i think this one already has spacers but they're pretty small, i want them BIG!
Yeah that's the way man, just take them off for warrants, certs are a waste of time and money.
I bought this like 3 weeks ago off a dude in Auckland, then bought it back on a trailer back here to Whangarei. I'm pretty keen to move to Hamilton aye, it's a pretty mint place and I heard the night life there is sick!

I got a nice shot of it sitting on the back of the trailer while i was bringing it back up. Looks pretty sick, we should organise a meet sometime. I'm pretty keen to head to raglan sometime this year for a surf so i could call in for a few days in hamilton.

This is the shot i got.

Cheers
Brady

SOFTLAD

That car knows Raglan really well, first time I saw it was on a Vask run to Raglan being driven hard closely followed by my mk2 had a little green alien hanging from the rear towing eye. 4 cars travelled back up to Auckland that day in convoy your mk2 my mk2 a jetta and a mk1 citti golf cutting through traffic and scaring the crap out of board meandering motorist  >:D >:D

95 Vento CLi

That's the way!  8)

haha I agree certs are a freaking waste of time and money! but i needed my car as its my daily and don't have that much money to contribute to fines so I thought I might as well get it out of the way, Ah must be the same guy then? Hamilton's alright! haha theres about four of us young guys here with golfs all are mk2's though I'm the only mk3 in the group! aside from brooks daily which is a mk3 GTI but his mk2 is super sick LOW as f#@k with 8.5s all round and 165/60/13s stretched as f@#k lol (Also the Hamilton night life is pretty good, we get a lot of aucklanders commenting on it hahaha)

I'm keen to organise a meet, I've always wanted to see your car in the flesh! Raglan? oh yeah I'm from there wouldnt mind going back haha when you looking at coming down?

Looks good on that trailer! haha gunna keep it on those OG rims? or sort out another set?
Not Impressed LTNZ.

Brady

Quote from: SOFTLAD on May 30, 2011, 10:49:53 PM
That car knows Raglan really well, first time I saw it was on a Vask run to Raglan being driven hard closely followed by my mk2 had a little green alien hanging from the rear towing eye. 4 cars travelled back up to Auckland that day in convoy your mk2 my mk2 a jetta and a mk1 citti golf cutting through traffic and scaring the crap out of board meandering motorist  >:D >:D

Oh that sounds so sick, I can't wait to meet up with some of you guys and just go for thrash down the motorway. Especially in convoy that would be bad ass.
I haven't even started this car yet so i don't know what it even sounds like, does it have a nice sound? It should be going in a few days but i just wanna know before hand if it's going to sound mint haha.

SOFTLAD

It sound from memory like all nice mk2 golfs should slightly discreet and able to blend in when needed with a viscious bark when pushed hard, sometimes with a bit of overrun poping as you change down negotiating corners

Brady

Quote from: BossGolf86 on May 30, 2011, 10:53:17 PM
That's the way!  8)

haha I agree certs are a freaking waste of time and money! but i needed my car as its my daily and don't have that much money to contribute to fines so I thought I might as well get it out of the way, Ah must be the same guy then? Hamilton's alright! haha theres about four of us young guys here with golfs all are mk2's though I'm the only mk3 in the group! aside from brooks daily which is a mk3 GTI but his mk2 is super sick LOW as f#@k with 8.5s all round and 165/60/13s stretched as f@#k lol (Also the Hamilton night life is pretty good, we get a lot of aucklanders commenting on it hahaha)

I'm keen to organise a meet, I've always wanted to see your car in the flesh! Raglan? oh yeah I'm from there wouldnt mind going back haha when you looking at coming down?

Looks good on that trailer! haha gunna keep it on those OG rims? or sort out another set?

Yeah man I'm the only young dude here with a Volkswagen, I'm only 17 haha. Yeah I've got the same style as you guys, just drop it low and wide haha

I'm planning for the end of the year sometime closer to summer, but i think i might just end up coming to hamilton for a bit and just party up a storm aye, and meet up with some Vask members.

Umm at the moment i'll be keeping them, but i've been on the look out for some new ones with some huge dish and a nice offset. But for now i'll be keeping them until i can afford to get some newer ones.

Quote from: SOFTLAD on May 30, 2011, 11:00:13 PM
It sound from memory like all nice mk2 golfs should slightly discreet and able to blend in when needed with a viscious bark when pushed hard, sometimes with a bit of overrun poping as you change down negotiating corners

Oh sweet! I'm amping to get it going. I've just been sitting in it and imagining for too long haha.