Mk2 Owners - Your cars please...

Started by rambo_005, July 24, 2006, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitch16td

mk2 1.6td golf running 25psi

mitch16td

choppy16v

nice oiler! i also have mk2 16td i have it boosting but haven't attempted the governor.
was it a major to get it back together.looks tricky in the threads i've seen.
ps how are you fitting intercooler? -remember to take pics 8)

mitch16td

I'm no mechanic but pretty all good, maybe 7/10 difficulty. Really gotta keep it clean. need a tacho though egt gauge and sound isn't enough to go off. Previous owner cleared out just behind the grill, slimline inter cooler fits well. mounting so it doesn't shake it crazy might be tricky but well cross that bridge when we get there haha

this is the walk through:

http://www.vwdiesel.net/forum/index.php?topic=24323.0

without the front mount egt's get high quick so the stock cork head gasket will need to replaced with metal if you haven't done that already.
definitely replace all the seals when you do the mod as well. seal kits come pretty cheap, 27$ or something.
few little basic things that i'm sure you'll pick up on that i'm pretty sure are covered in the walk through

this car's still my daily and have had no problems since the mod
power is overwhelming. great mod. 

Sam Jetta

Just picked up a mk2 Jetta from Wellington and drove it up to Auckland. Sitting on 14x8 mk2 steels and full adjustable suspension certed. Don't know how to attach photos..

00quattro00

Quote from: sJackson on October 23, 2012, 09:04:52 PM
Just picked up a mk2 Jetta from Wellington and drove it up to Auckland. Sitting on 14x8 mk2 steels and full adjustable suspension certed. Don't know how to attach photos..

upload them onto photobucket or the likes and post the links
Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

00quattro00

Land Rover 110 4bd1t

00quattro00

Land Rover 110 4bd1t

RevHappy

SWEET! saw it on trademe but the photos didnt look that good. didnt think it would sell at that price too
CURRENT: Mk2 Golf - 1.8t, Coil overs, Passat leather, 16x8, Daily Driven

GONE: Mk2 Jetta - Big Bumpers, Big Windows, Lowered, 15X6 Alloys, and MK1 Suzuki Cultus Gti G13b rally cams, bilstein shocks and springs, momo 14X7 alloys

ranton-inc

Quote from: Fizz on October 16, 2012, 08:52:48 PM
Damn that 1.6TD must. Haul ass at 25psi

Most TDIs boost around that any way Fizz.. actually usually more from memory...

Sam Jetta

Quote from: gtimanik on October 24, 2012, 10:33:49 PM
SWEET! saw it on trademe but the photos didnt look that good. didnt think it would sell at that price too
I paid a little less than Listed price, goes sweet as. First auto car I've ever owned though. In these pictures it still looks quite high I think. Its pretty bloody low. Hopefully going to get some proper photos taken by my friends. maybe a video.

00quattro00

How does it ride on the mitsubishi suspension?
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

Sam Jetta

Goes pretty well. Way less bumpy than I expected and handled mean on the way back. PO has done a pretty decent job of it he's done quite a few cars now

RevHappy

CURRENT: Mk2 Golf - 1.8t, Coil overs, Passat leather, 16x8, Daily Driven

GONE: Mk2 Jetta - Big Bumpers, Big Windows, Lowered, 15X6 Alloys, and MK1 Suzuki Cultus Gti G13b rally cams, bilstein shocks and springs, momo 14X7 alloys

DieselPower

Quote from: ranton on October 24, 2012, 11:06:16 PM
Most TDIs boost around that any way Fizz.. actually usually more from memory...

actually Ranton, they don't from memory

Sam Jetta

Quote from: gtimanik on October 25, 2012, 07:10:48 PM
mitsi coils?
Yeah front coils are originally for an evo V but must have been modified. It has VW tophats. Read suspension is for a Jetta though. Rides really well plenty of travel considering how low it is

ranton-inc

Quote from: DieselPower on October 25, 2012, 09:49:11 PM

actually Ranton, they don't from memory

Fair enough...

I have always been told most of the Tuning of a Diesel is in the Fuelling as the boost Is generally high any way...

SZC

Quote from: sJackson on October 26, 2012, 11:42:30 PM
Yeah front coils are originally for an evo V but must have been modified. It has VW tophats. Read suspension is for a Jetta though. Rides really well plenty of travel considering how low it is

Intriguing. Is it on adjustables or shortened shocks?

Sam Jetta

Quote from: SZC on October 27, 2012, 08:12:13 PM

Intriguing. Is it on adjustables or shortened shocks?
Adjustables all round.