Mk2 Owners - Your cars please...

Started by rambo_005, July 24, 2006, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mk2 TD

Quote from: mitch16td on October 17, 2012, 09:19:11 PM
I'm no mechanic but pretty all good, maybe 7/10 difficulty. Really gotta keep it clean. need a tacho though egt gauge and sound isn't enough to go off. Previous owner cleared out just behind the grill, slimline inter cooler fits well. mounting so it doesn't shake it crazy might be tricky but well cross that bridge when we get there haha

this is the walk through:

http://www.vwdiesel.net/forum/index.php?topic=24323.0

without the front mount egt's get high quick so the stock cork head gasket will need to replaced with metal if you haven't done that already.
definitely replace all the seals when you do the mod as well. seal kits come pretty cheap, 27$ or something.
few little basic things that i'm sure you'll pick up on that i'm pretty sure are covered in the walk through

this car's still my daily and have had no problems since the mod
power is overwhelming. great mod.

Bro So Jealous!
Hope all is coming along well. Anytime you up this way pop in id love to have a burn!

Jay

nacnud

Found some old snaps of the Jetta and thought I would share them..

Whatcha Think?
Flickr

1991 Jetta ABF

CGK

coons

Something about VW's with bikes on the roof just looks cool

Let's see some photos of under the bay!

deedub

Indeed, low mk2s and fixies are a perfect match.
1983 T25 Microbus - keep forever, never finish
1988 mk2 Golf 2L 16v - work in progress

ranton-inc

Quote from: coons on November 08, 2012, 10:26:57 PM
Something about VW's with bikes on the roof just looks cool

Let's see some photos of under the bay!

I prefer snowboards :p

Sent via Tapatalk

Fizz

nacnud

Quote from: ranton on November 09, 2012, 07:27:53 AM
I prefer snowboards :p

Sent via Tapatalk

I'll dig some out from when I lived in Christchurch ha! North Island fields blow...
Whatcha Think?
Flickr

1991 Jetta ABF

CGK

ranton-inc

Quote from: nacnud on November 09, 2012, 08:25:12 AM
I'll dig some out from when I lived in Christchurch ha! North Island fields blow...

damn yes they do.. although .. if Ruapehu Alpine lifts had half a brain they could actually continue their season deep into november if they only operated the Uppermountain...

Sam Jetta

Quote from: nacnud on November 08, 2012, 09:59:13 PM
Found some old snaps of the Jetta and thought I would share them..

Are those 14's or 15's?

CUSTOM VW

Ive managed to buy myself a mk 2 golf four door 1.8L 8V. Its very red and high. Its 180mm high which means a 4" drop is on the way. Ive made some custom extractors because the factory ones made me sick. Ive also customised the intake plenum for no apparent reason. I am a little sceptical about the mechanical injection though. Im trying to find some RH Cup wheels or anything 15x8 or 9, I dont want the offset police knocking on my door ether. I bought this golf with a hose clamp blocking the second port and the nut for the hose clamp in the first cylinder, not to much damage though. Watch this car in the next few months as I have a tig welder and a large imagination haha.
I do custom stuff for all makes and models. Im constintly thinking outside the box. Im a leader, not a sheep, (they always follow).

CUSTOM VW

here is a quick pic of my extractors in the making.
I do custom stuff for all makes and models. Im constintly thinking outside the box. Im a leader, not a sheep, (they always follow).

RevHappy

i spot a blue point tool kit....nice
CURRENT: Mk2 Golf - 1.8t, Coil overs, Passat leather, 16x8, Daily Driven

GONE: Mk2 Jetta - Big Bumpers, Big Windows, Lowered, 15X6 Alloys, and MK1 Suzuki Cultus Gti G13b rally cams, bilstein shocks and springs, momo 14X7 alloys

watercooled

Quote from: CUSTOM VW on December 05, 2012, 10:59:15 AM
Ive managed to buy myself a mk 2 golf four door 1.8L 8V. Its very red and high. Its 180mm high which means a 4" drop is on the way. Ive made some custom extractors because the factory ones made me sick. Ive also customised the intake plenum for no apparent reason. I am a little sceptical about the mechanical injection though. Im trying to find some RH Cup wheels or anything 15x8 or 9, I dont want the offset police knocking on my door ether. I bought this golf with a hose clamp blocking the second port and the nut for the hose clamp in the first cylinder, not to much damage though. Watch this car in the next few months as I have a tig welder and a large imagination haha.
Welcome to a new Vasker,stock springs on a mk2 they make them look like an offroader eh :laugh: :laugh:.
1974 Porsche 914 with 2.2T 911 6cyl,
Audi a6 allroad 2007 3.0TDI stage 1 reflash ,
89 Corrado 2.0 16v, Stilauto RX 17in wheels,ABF on k/jet ,resto underway maybe up for sale ?,
2002 T4 transporter 2.5 TDI.

CUSTOM VW

hey "gtimanik" do you have 15x8 rims ready to go on your car or do you have them for sale?

RevHappy

GONE: Mk2 Jetta - Big Bumpers, Big Windows, Lowered, 15X6 Alloys, and MK1 Suzuki Cultus Gti G13b rally cams, bilstein shocks and springs, momo 14X7 alloys

CUSTOM VW

where does one go to find info on turboing a 8v 1.8L golf engine????

3iron

Quote from: CUSTOM VW on December 06, 2012, 09:54:49 PM
where does one go to find info on turboing a 8v 1.8L golf engine????

Vw vortex would be best bet

RS ZWEI

Quote from: CUSTOM VW on December 05, 2012, 11:04:27 AM
here is a quick pic of my extractors in the making.

Is there enough room in the engine bay for them?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

RevHappy

Be easier to s/c it. Just copy a g60 with a Eaton m62