Mk2 Owners - Your cars please...

Started by rambo_005, July 24, 2006, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SOFTLAD

Has it got to be wrecked or is it worth saving? :angel:

ranton-inc

Quote from: BCH on December 17, 2012, 12:55:01 AM
Got the golf back from the paint shop on friday and have spent the weekend putting it back together.... Still need to rivit the arches on, track down some door moulds and think about some new shoes. So good to be back in the old valver after 2 weeks of a Corrolla Ceres....although the aircon and auto in the traffic was very nice  :laugh:

What door mouldings are you after..

I think I have a full set of the chunkys

BCH

I'm ideally after the early style moulding with red stripe but its proving difficult to find. I probably should come take a look at how the chunky ones could work.
Mk2 GTI 16v

M M

Bought not built.

chis

fresh!
mines sitting in the garage gaining value  ::)
formerly mk1 gti
currently gti engineering mk2 which got ABF'd!
B5 S4
B5 RS4

M M

Here it what she looks like now with the restored paint.

The last photo is an exact depection of what it looks like in person. I am very happy with how it came out. It's so nice to see the sun hit it and there are no swirl marks, just the beautiful metallic sparkle.
Bought not built.

brian

That is a great looking car, nicely modded but tastefully done
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

Ponto

Great to see some MK2's getting some love, looks fantasic, nice work. Gonna have to go clean mine again now, bugger  ;D

M M

Bought not built.

nacnud

Cars looks awesome mate! I will need to come over for some cleaning lessons
Whatcha Think?
Flickr

1991 Jetta ABF

CGK

muskie

very nice, love the wheels, (in the rear view pic) is that exhaust tailpipe way too long or what? maybe just the angle

M M

Quote from: nacnud on December 30, 2012, 08:21:00 PM
Cars looks awesome mate! I will need to come over for some cleaning lessons
Thanks and sure thing, it was just basic stuff though.

Quote from: muskie on December 30, 2012, 08:34:47 PM
very nice, love the wheels, (in the rear view pic) is that exhaust tailpipe way too long or what? maybe just the angle
Thanks man and yes it is :P
Bought not built.

SZC

The Christmas tree hauler now has GTI flares. Got some pretty funny looks on the motorway with our decorated tree up top    ;D

CUSTOM VW

i need to find a mk2 chin lip or gti lower bumper lip so i can mow my lawns with. anyone got one for sale?
I do custom stuff for all makes and models. Im constintly thinking outside the box. Im a leader, not a sheep, (they always follow).

3ur0Tr@5h

Hey y'all,
After a few hundred hours of labour, here's what we have. I'll do two postings, as the 200K limit is a bit tough.
I have a set of P-Slots that are queued up for a fix up-- quite liking the cheapo 15s though.
Car might be for sale. Not sure. I'll drive it for a couple of months, and see how I feel about it. Probably $3500. You can have my labour for free :-).
Had bought it to do an electric vehicle conversion, got sidetracked on the body resto, and now it's a bit nice to hack up.
Cheers,
Gerald in Katikati/Tauranga.

3ur0Tr@5h

Part 2.

spooln

Way to nice to hack up. Is it a gti and what's that color- very clean!!!
77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

Fizz

3ur0Tr@5h

Yes, it's an '86 8v K-Jet GTi that started life in the UK and arrived here in '87.
The colour is "Blue 5085" picked from a stack of swatches!
Deleted rear wiper, aerial, passenger mirror, rubbing strips, rear body joins & badges. I have a set of GTi beltline stripes, but I'm liking the look of it as is, so might leave those off too. Added the towbar.
Fairly pleased with it overall. paint is not perfect. Engine bay is untouched apart from maintenance items: new cambelt/tensioner, shift linkages/bushes, rad switch, thermostat etc.
Drives really well. I've put my E28 BMW on hold for a few months while driving the GTi. Will have to choose between them eventually. Maybe give one to the 16 yr old daughter :-( Nah, probably better to get her something disposable with big bullbars and airbags!