Mk2 Owners - Your cars please...

Started by rambo_005, July 24, 2006, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch

That is one freaking sweet looking golf

Poonmobile

That is very nice, loving the small bumpers!
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

Ponto

Quote from: RS ZWEI on July 23, 2013, 07:03:50 PM
Ponto, are your wheels RA's?

Yep, but not originals, made by Bstar in the UK, 16x8.

M M

Bought not built.

Ponto

Quote from: deedub on July 23, 2013, 07:12:01 PM
Stunning mk2.

VR6?

Cheers, and Yep a VR6 with a few extras  ;), finished recently and kindly put together by Barry (M) at M-Developments who has done an awesome job, couldn't be happier with the end result, cheers mate  :)

Ponto

Quote from: 80 Vert on July 23, 2013, 08:00:27 PM
Awesome car, was fortunate to look it over in M's new shop.
Interior looks like it has never been sat in, nicest MK2 I've seen thus far.

Thanks for that Vert, much appreciated.

nacnud

Whatcha Think?
Flickr

1991 Jetta ABF

CGK

deedub

Quote from: nacnud on July 23, 2013, 09:50:54 PM
Needs big bumpers   ;D

Nah perfect as is this one!

Quote from: Ponto on July 23, 2013, 09:36:06 PM
Cheers, and Yep a VR6 with a few extras  ;), finished recently and kindly put together by Barry (M) at M-Developments who has done an awesome job, couldn't be happier with the end result, cheers mate  :)

Yes saw the photo of Barry standing next to the just removed 16v and knew by the grin on his face that there must be a VR6 about to go in :)
1983 T25 Microbus - keep forever, never finish
1988 mk2 Golf 2L 16v - work in progress

Ponto

Quote from: deedub on July 23, 2013, 10:03:24 PM
Nah perfect as is this one!

Yes saw the photo of Barry standing next to the just removed 16v and knew by the grin on his face that there must be a VR6 about to go in :)

Hahaha, he does lov a VR  :)

M

Quote from: Ponto on July 23, 2013, 09:36:06 PM
Cheers, and Yep a VR6 with a few extras  ;),

I think you are under selling it a bit there. And I am with John, perfect Mk2 in my eyes, no need for big bumper or slammed to scraping suspension etc. And that's before you get in and drive it.  :o
Too much power is almost enough.

GTI's

Nice MK2!   Was that Bryce's one?

Ponto

Cheers for all the positive feed back guys, its much appreciated. We put a lot of effort, time and cash into this build, when I say we, I actually mean Barry (M), I just paid the bills and pretended to know what Barry was on about,
haha  ;D

Here goes at a bit of a spec...

Engine: OBD2 12V VR6, 268DRC cams, Ferrea kit, ARP bolt kit, complete gasket sets, new chain / guides etc, Autotech 10lb fly wheel, Sachs clutch kit, Gruvenparts billet pulley kit, Magnecor high performance leads, Mishimoto hoses,
G60 radiator & high output fan, ECU upgrade, Vibrotechnics engine mounts, K&N air filter, a few additional custom parts that only M can explain  8)

Gearbox: MK4 V5 box, 3.94 final drive, OBX LSD modified by M.

Exhaust: Techtonic tuning 2.5" down pipe back system (no cat) with Magnaflow back box.

Suspension & Brakes: KW V2 inox all round & Wilwood superlite 4 pot brake kit up front.

Wheels: B-Star RA's 16x8 ET35 front 25 rear with Hankook RS2 205x45.

Interior & Exterior: All standard GTi.

That's covered most things I think, M maybe able to add what I've missed. I couldn't be happier with the end result, designed for the local roads, Crown range, Lindis pass etc and looking forward to a dry, sticky summer  >:D

Ponto

Quote from: GTI's on July 24, 2013, 09:09:38 AM
Nice MK2!   Was that Bryce's one?

I don't think so, previous was Tim Allen then Arry (Auckland) who I bought from 18 months ago.

chis

formerly mk1 gti
currently gti engineering mk2 which got ABF'd!
B5 S4
B5 RS4

KARTS

Looks great!  Bet it's a whole lot of fun too. 2 door small bumper gets my vote.
Ponto did you source the wheels off shore or here?
1987 mk II ABF track weapon (Choppy Developments)
1988 mk II GTI 16v
2011 mk 6  R

Ponto

Quote from: KARTS on July 26, 2013, 08:10:11 AM
Looks great!  Bet it's a whole lot of fun too. 2 door small bumper gets my vote.
Ponto did you source the wheels off shore or here?

Cheers Karts and yea should be heaps of fun, just waiting for the Winter roads to clean up before being able to really enjoy  >:D. I imported the wheels from B-Star in the Uk, if you can source a decent freight option the overall cost is not too bad, I would advise getting them sent finished. PM me if you need some details.

Poonmobile

Ponto, it may not be your thing but it would be great to see a thread dedicated to the build and obviously more pics of the beast! It will be interesting to hear your take on the drive and performance too!!
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

Number21

An extremely tidy build by the look of it. Love that it has the stock gti interior too!

BCH

After months of flaffing about, I've finally got the front end sorted out. Just need to get its new headliner put in and front seats repaired / replaced
Mk2 GTI 16v