Mk2 Owners - Your cars please...

Started by rambo_005, July 24, 2006, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natesgti

Yeah, i was probably at my brothers house, its in quite good nick but not at the mo. Some fool just smashed the left passenger window, and im awaiting a bit of panel beating on the left front bumper but yeah.. Its great! where do you live and what do you drive man?

nate.

Otto Valvola

Quote from: Natesgti on April 26, 2007, 10:30:25 PM
Yeah, i was probably at my brothers house, its in quite good nick but not at the mo. Some fool just smashed the left passenger window, and im awaiting a bit of panel beating on the left front bumper but yeah.. Its great! where do you live and what do you drive man?

nate.
Im just up at willcott st. My cars a 86 8vkjet gti 5door, in various shades of blue. Shame about the damage, somany people just cant drive, especialy in Mt Albert.

Otto Valvola

I saw a blue (same as mine), 5door gti 8v with big bumpers on it, in town. Waved out to them. was wondering if it was anyone of vask?
Nice car, looks how mine should (except for the big bumpers ;D)

Natesgti

Yeah, well Mt albert is well known for its Asian Community and that over half the employment in the area comes from 'New Zealand' souvenir stores and internet cafes. Actually, i crashed myself into the wall, and someone through a rock threw the window :-( lol, is that what your car looks like? no grill and with the bonnet open at the moment? ( your pic)

Otto Valvola

Quote from: Natesgti on April 30, 2007, 06:46:53 PM
lol, is that what your car looks like? no grill and with the bonnet open at the moment? ( your pic)
Lol nah, that was just the hoariest pic i could get of the hoarimobile. I tried to get the difrent coloured side panels in but you cant tell from the photo.

Natesgti

lol, dont be so down on it bro, a golf be a golf, and a gti is extra special, even if she got a few different coloured panels haha! Whered you pick up0 yours from?, and how much? and what condition originally?

Otto Valvola

Quote from: Natesgti on April 30, 2007, 10:35:20 PM
lol, dont be so down on it bro, a golf be a golf, and a gti is extra special, even if she got a few different coloured panels haha! Whered you pick up0 yours from?, and how much? and what condition originally?
Yeh i still love it ;), i care more about how it goes than how  it looks tho, so i expect itl be a wile b4 i do anything to clean it up.
My dad brought it of my mates dad for $500. There were a few things wrong when we got it, was only going on 3cyl, water was full of oil (headgasket had been done), bit of rust in the door and panel, dereg.
But there wasnt much realy, was prety simple stuff to fix, but it just took a hell of a long time to get done(8 months).
I finaly got it re-registered & wof a cuple weeks ago.

Whats the story with yours, i bet you paid more for it than mine. :P 

Natesgti

Mines a 85 gti 8v, same as yours. Its in pretty sweet nick actually, the reds just fading as it does ( why is red always the first to fade?) but not peeling. The interiors pretty good, except for the usual drivers seat rip and its all original except for an automatic aerial and the button i put on the unused button row haha.. The engine is basically sweet, ive not done anything to it since ive bought it ( 2 months ago) It sometimes leaks a lil bit of water, but ive had it pressure tested and it holds pressure, im pretty sure it aint the head tho, cos the oil is good, and the water is good and it doesnt blow white smoke which is a bit frustrating... Might just get a new radiator and see whether that fixes it, ( brand new ones on trademe for 75 bux) It was my sisters car before me, thats why there is little scratches down the left hand side and a bump from where she drove into a hedge ( not too noticeable tho...) So far im up to 650 dollars out of 1800 paying my sister back, so yeah i suppose it is a bit more expensive. How much you spent on fixin it up? Show me a good pic of your car...

Otto Valvola

Ye yours looked pretty gud when i drove past it.
I think all up there would be more than $2G spent on it. Not including the stereo. Defenetly alot of money wasted at qualitat, even tho they did very little.
Ive never uploaded an image b4. but il try.
ummm. . . .

Try that

Otto Valvola

oh it worked :)
Always thought i wouldnt post a pic till i got it looking better. But owel atleast some other Vaskys mite recognise me now. I think ive seen about 5 mk2 gtis since i got mine, and i always wave out t them (they probly think "who the hell is that loser").

and

loks crap but i dont care

Natesgti

That looks sweet as! Practically the same as mine, except for the grill. You got the red/grey/black stripe interior? Haha, ive spent less on mine!

scottyboy

Hi guys im importing my mk2 golf g60 syncro from the uk med next year

few mods:

20vt engine around 280bhp (not finished yet)
helix paddle clutch
koni suspenion
eletric recaro front seats
corrado rear bench (not fitted yet)
full stainless steel exhaust
rear strut brace
bbs rz wheels (for winter use)
bbs rm with poished dish (for summer use not rebuilt yet)

sorry if the pics come out big dont know how to resize them ::)

RS ZWEI

Quote from: scottyboy on May 05, 2007, 11:04:03 PM
Hi guys im importing my mk2 golf g60 syncro from the uk med next year

few mods:

20vt engine around 280bhp (not finished yet)
helix paddle clutch
koni suspenion
eletric recaro front seats
corrado rear bench (not fitted yet)
full stainless steel exhaust
rear strut brace
bbs rz wheels (for winter use)
bbs rm with poished dish (for summer use not rebuilt yet)

sorry if the pics come out big dont know how to resize them ::)

Very nice :)

How are you getting on with the LTSA?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

dubstar

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

RS ZWEI

1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

phil

I don't think so, think the original ones are all LHD.

dubstar

I was actually asking because I was wondering how hard is it to register a lhd car in the UK........must be reasonably easy
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

phil

Piece of cake I'd say...I saw them all the time when I was working over there. All those E30 M3's that they get to drive ...unlike here with out draconian LTSA laws.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: phil on May 07, 2007, 09:23:32 AM
Piece of cake I'd say...I saw them all the time when I was working over there. All those E30 M3's that they get to drive ...unlike here with out draconian LTSA laws.

Yeah, well they sold LHD cars brand new in the UK, like Phil says, E30 M3s, Rallye Golfs to name two.

1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

Mike

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on May 07, 2007, 09:34:17 AM
Yeah, well they sold LHD cars brand new in the UK, like Phil says, E30 M3s, Rallye Golfs to name two.

...and the first 160-odd Ur-qs (with quad headlights) imported into the UK were LHD, as originally there was not going to be a RHD version. That changed when the UK bought a lot more Ur-qs than expected.