Mk2 Owners - Your cars please...

Started by rambo_005, July 24, 2006, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto Valvola

Quote from: Natesgti on May 03, 2007, 08:58:04 PM
That looks sweet as! Practically the same as mine, except for the grill. You got the red/grey/black stripe interior? Haha, ive spent less on mine!
u cant tell its defects from the pictures ;). my interior is black/gray/white stripe, i like that better, goes with my exterior colour

scottyboy

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on May 05, 2007, 11:12:22 PM
Very nice :)

How are you getting on with the LTSA?

im having trouble with ltsa regarding the front impact law it have to comply with does anybody know more about this if not i might have to sell her :'(

robh

If it's a 1989/90 you'll have to wait until 2009/2010 before you can ship it to NZ.

All cars that are imported have to comply with frontal impact standard or be over 20 years old (from when it was first registered to the date it lands in NZ).

There are only 2 options I can think of that may work for you:

1.  Try and get it registered as a motorsport vehicle, you'd need a cage and all sorts of other safety gear and a motorsport license, etc.   Even then I don't think this lets you just drive it on the road whenever you feel like it.  May be an idea to find out exact requirements and limitations.
2.  Wait a little longer and see what rule changes happen later this year, the LTSA are looking into changing the rules for vehicles of special interest/collectables.  This may or may not happen and even if it does they may not class a G60 Golf as an exception to the normal rules.  If you scratch around on their website there is some informtion on this proposed change.

Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

jetta _jake

1990 jetta GL , Tornado Red  just up 90220 kms brought it with 75 thanks 2 1 old guy. wen first gt it i put 17"  on it but nw afta looking into these cars more lyk i smaller wheels but they will come lata on. havnt done 2 much but gt xforce muffler done boot instal my self n made new door panels. momo boss kit n steering wheel gt n alarm, 35% tints . plans are to gt it lowerd sooner than later,sort out power 2 amps 'smaler wheels ,make it a bit Quicker nt sure wot road 2 go dwn tho any help would be  appreciated.lyk thoose extractors on here tho, some gti recaros or somthing similar

jetta _jake

door panels still got originals brougt from wreckers n modifyd

jetta _jake

my boot . all done myself

jetta _jake

mark2 golf

nice i like what you have done with the  amp install
89 mk2 1.8t
97 mk3 gti 1.8t
90 190e 2.6
17 Amarok v6
09 golf gti

RS ZWEI

Quote from: jetta _jake on August 02, 2007, 10:02:15 PM
1990 jetta GL , Tornado Red  just up 90220 kms brought it with 75 thanks 2 1 old guy. wen first gt it i put 17"  on it but nw afta looking into these cars more lyk i smaller wheels but they will come lata on. havnt done 2 much but gt xforce muffler done boot instal my self n made new door panels. momo boss kit n steering wheel gt n alarm, 35% tints . plans are to gt it lowerd sooner than later,sort out power 2 amps 'smaler wheels ,make it a bit Quicker nt sure wot road 2 go dwn tho any help would be  appreciated.lyk thoose extractors on here tho, some gti recaros or somthing similar

Welcome to the forum.

Where abouts in NZ do you live?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

GTI's

Nice Jetta Jake!

Looks like Coromandel or Kaipara?

Look out at pick a parts for a gt passat with leather it's pretty easy to fit them in a mk 2.
35 bucks a seat if you get in quick enough!
While your there you may as well grab a 16v 2l motor and slap that in! cheapest way to gain bhp.
Another Jetta owner on this forum (NASTNAS) has done this to his jetta.

Welcome.. ;D

jetta _jake

thanks and yea i live in dunedin and bout the gt passalt wots it lyk with wiring loom ? do passalt wiring go in ok?

Period_Correct_

Quote from: jetta _jake on August 03, 2007, 04:54:43 PM
thanks and yea i live in dunedin and bout the gt passalt wots it lyk with wiring loom ? do passalt wiring go in ok?
yes, its pretty straight forward.

plug and play...  ;)
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

kiwihigh

Howdy guys though i bedder post up my Mk2.

Car cost me $1k from trade me.

So far in the process of getting 9a 2ltr engine, throttle boddies and rear disk brakes.. thanks M...  ;D

Also on the way

new muffler, oil cooler, steering wheel & boss kit and new race seats via my mate at BC direct...

Still to do..

coilovers, hand brake cables, Roll cage, extractors and 2 1/2" exhaust , cams, dyno tune and cert.

BUILT not bought

rambo_005

Quote from: kiwihigh on August 05, 2007, 06:45:31 PM
So far in the process of getting 9a 2ltr engine, throttle boddies and rear disk brakes.. thanks M...  ;D

Get the front Passat GT brakes also! They are 256mm versus the 239mm that is on your Golf now.

kiwihigh

Quote from: rambo_005 on August 05, 2007, 07:00:27 PM
Get the front Passat GT brakes also! They are 256mm versus the 239mm that is on your Golf now.

they can now be added to the list...  ;)

BUILT not bought

flawless_cowboy

hi guys, heres mine. its a gli or something like that... 1.8 8v digifant AUTO  :'( when i blow it up, ill get another box and engine lol. its got gti seats, grille, arches, spoiler and some other little stuff. still got to fix up the rims, black with aloy lip i think.

Natesgti

Quote from: flawless_cowboy on August 11, 2007, 04:50:38 PM
hi guys, heres mine. its a gli or something like that... 1.8 8v digifant AUTO  :'( when i blow it up, ill get another box and engine lol. its got gti seats, grille, arches, spoiler and some other little stuff. still got to fix up the rims, black with aloy lip i think.

looks mint bro, good luck with the manual conversion  ;D

GTI's

got some 17's for the 16v.
Now i need some coilovers!

mark2 golf

did you have any problems with rubbing. how wide are they and what profile tyres are you running. look good
89 mk2 1.8t
97 mk3 gti 1.8t
90 190e 2.6
17 Amarok v6
09 golf gti

old4130

Quote from: GTI's on September 04, 2007, 11:32:23 PM
got some 17's for the 16v.
Now i need some coilovers!

Looking great !

Saw your car yesterday driving down K'Rd.. had the ATS wheels on.. they look cool too !
2005 Audi A4 1.8tq S line
1997 VW Golf GTI 16v
2011 Keeway Matrix
1987 Honda Beat FC 50 ~ 50cc of Fury

2000 SEAT Cordoba SXE ~ Her Car - Sold
2004 Subaru Forester XT 2.5 Limited ~ Her Car