Mk3 VR6 Ride Height Issue - First Time Poster

Started by Benkerr, March 04, 2015, 08:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benkerr

Hi guys, first time posting here, after some help with my vr6

So it sits ridiculouslyhigh in the front, probably around 4 inches minimum, but sits perfect in the rear (just above the tire) the rear is all completely standard and the front is bog standard as well, it has Monroe struts all round which I believe we're a standard option,

Just really wanting to sort this out without going down the road of 'adjustable suspension'

Any help would be much appreciated, after just doing the clutch and spending some time on the old girl I'm wanting to show her some loving and have it looking at a nice height

Cheers

ranton-inc

Put a Decent off the shelf cup kit in you will be happy it will get the Car sitting perfect and get rid of the most likely Saggy and old 20+ year old factory springs.

I will suggest a AP Suspension 40/30 Cup Kit

they are cheap as chips for Springs and shocks from websites like demontweeks.co.uk

ranton-inc

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/suspension-kits/car/volkswagen/golf-mk3-vr6/1995/ap-suspension-sports-suspension-kits-lowers-front-40mm-lowers-rear-30mm

NZD475 + NZD135 for shipping 

and you have a brand new set of Springs and shocks

Ive put 4 people on to these kits and they are all stoked with them, i have them myself also.

Stanceking

+1 for a cup kit, the bilstein kits are nice
1983 500sec

RS ZWEI

40mm matched kit is the best of both worlds. Its what I had in my old VR6.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Benkerr

Sorry guys you might have I inform me what a cup kit is, don't quite get what you mean, and the best place to source also, cheers

Stanceking

Quote from: Benkerr on March 04, 2015, 10:20:45 PM
Sorry guys you might have I inform me what a cup kit is, don't quite get what you mean, and the best place to source also, cheers

Cup kit is shock and spring combo, the shocks are matched to the springs to give a nice oem ride

demon tweeks is good to deal with, in the uk but shipping with them is very reasonable and quick
1983 500sec

ranton-inc

The blistein equivalent kit is great for sure.

but at nearly 4 times the price of the AP Suspension kit

the AP Kit is a no brainer..

I wish they did a kit for my Audi. :(

Benkerr

Cheers for this guys, does anyone have any photos of their mk3 sitting on these? just wanting to get an idea before i look into forking out the money,

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Benkerr on March 05, 2015, 01:59:30 PM
Cheers for this guys, does anyone have any photos of their mk3 sitting on these? just wanting to get an idea before i look into forking out the money,

My old VR6 (white) is the third car down in this list. It had a 40mm drop:

http://www.vask.org.nz/index.php/topic,4250.0.html
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

GLIDN

Quote from: RS ZWEI on March 05, 2015, 04:20:12 PM
My old VR6 (white) is the third car down in this list. It had a 40mm drop:

http://www.vask.org.nz/index.php/topic,4250.0.html

Nik, the kit was also installed incorrectly. So the front would be around 15-20mm higher than that picture.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning