Superchips

Started by boraV5, May 08, 2006, 07:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rambo_005

I have a video of a supercharged R32 on a dyno, it was only 2WD...

eddyg

Quote from: eddyg on May 23, 2006, 05:19:34 PM

So - what did it do? 142Kw at the wheels.

FYI - with that configuration I could only get 14.6s for the qtr mile at eastern creek. Again I put it down to the lack of a FMIC. The car just wasn't getting any cold air. Plus I am crap at shifting the gears quickly.

Shame I never got to dyno or track test the car after the full monty of mods. I keep on meaning to join canterbury car club and do some track days at Ruapuna, but never get round to it.

Cheers, Ed.

VB

Quote from: R32 Simon on May 09, 2006, 07:41:03 AM
How does $1000 sound? Samco hoses were $800 (all 3), Cat replacement pipe $300 and miltek $1600. They are coming off my wife?s S3 this weekend, you really will notice faster throttle response and more power.

Hi Simon do you still have the above?

urq20v

Quote from: MK4 GTI on May 14, 2006, 06:49:30 PM
well as Peter from super chips said.. the chip will adjust and adapt as its coupled with a Learning ECU
Lets get this clear!Adapting to changing engine/driving conditions is what the ECU is there for.It has absolutly nothing to do with weather you have installed an AmD,REVO,APR,GIAC,MTM,MRC,Sportech,Hohenester,Wetterauer,Oettinger or Superchips (have I left any out?) chip or remap!The fact is,many chip suppliers remove some of the ECU's inbuilt safety protocols as they dont know how to program around them!The ability and understanding of the code writer is the most important thing here!
All the chip (eeprom in this case) does is give the ECU's processor a set of instructions on how to control timing,fuel and boost in relation to heat(sustained boost),throttle position,fuel quality etc.The ECU,standard or remapped,is always changing/tweeking engine control parameters and is simply "adapting" to continuous changing engine conditions,as it should!

hitmanGTI

Quote from: urq20v on June 08, 2006, 05:54:01 PM
Lets get this clear!Adapting to changing engine/driving conditions is what the ECU is there for.It has absolutly nothing to do with weather you have installed an AmD,REVO,APR,GIAC,MTM,MRC,Sportech,Hohenester,Wetterauer,Oettinger or Superchips (have I left any out?) chip or remap!The fact is,many chip supplyers remove some of the ECU's inbuilt safety protocols as they dont know how to program around them!The ability and understanding of the code writer is the most important thing here!
All the chip (eeprom in this case) does is give the ECU's processor a set of instructions on how to control timing,fuel and boost in relation to heat(sustained boost),throttle position,fuel quality etc.The ECU,standard or remapped,is always changing/tweeking engine control parameters and is simply "adapting" to continuous changing engine conditions,as it should!

Rex,

Did you ever meet the new superchips guy called Peter? hes a pom..

i reckon you two would get on well

TuningSolution

Excellent to hear you're happy with the chip! Always good to hear about a happy ending.

There are quite a few people on here who have a decent knowledge about tuning, it's really good.
Generally speaking, the ECU learning and adapting should be done by the end of the first full tank of fuel. But most people wont notice after the first 100k's or so.

It is true that most chip companies purely compete on power. Anyone can wind the boost up 400psi, but what good is the extra 4.25kw if the engine only lasts two weeks?

PL