Sourcing Polo GTI 9N3 parts.

Started by amdeman, June 09, 2015, 04:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amdeman

Hi team,

having issues with getting parts, other than OEM through the stealers; and paying steal-tail (retail).

Where is there, in Auckland, that can supply parts?

I've tried a local place here in Auckland, what a difficult and unfulfilling exercise with no result, other than being disappointed; also found the prices to be well in excess (in fact DOUBLE) of UK / USA.

Anyways, any ideas / suggestions are welcomed.

M M

If the prices are so much more here (which I know they are), why don't you just order from overseas?
Bought not built.

amdeman

Quote from: M M on June 09, 2015, 06:25:40 PM
If the prices are so much more here (which I know they are), why don't you just order from overseas?

Trying to help NZ businesses stay in business; keeping the wheels turning.

I'd prefer to buy from a local, given the choice.

Filx

What parts are you looking for? Polos are a bit of a niche vehicle so most NZ businesses will not hold tuning or styling parts in stock.
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

amdeman

Quote from: Filx on June 10, 2015, 08:45:27 AM
What parts are you looking for? Polos are a bit of a niche vehicle so most NZ businesses will not hold tuning or styling parts in stock.

I'm after an upper front strut brace, also found factory on a SEAT.
Also Forge parts, TIP, and IC to TB hoses.

Filx

Ultra Racing do some good looking bars for 9N Polos and they're generally well priced and there are local dealers, again I doubt they have any in stock but should be cheaper as they can probably add it to a stock order and get it shipped with a bunch of other stuff. Forge stuff I'm not sure if there is a local dealer, probably is - someone will chime in on that but also easy enough to order from the overseas.

Hope that helps.  8)
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

GLIDN

Can assist you with everything. From past and personal experience thou. The Forge products do usually have poor fitment issues especially on the MK4/Polo platform.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

amdeman

Quote from: GLIDN on June 10, 2015, 05:08:37 PM
Can assist you with everything. From past and personal experience thou. The Forge products do usually have poor fitment issues especially on the MK4/Polo platform.

Thank you for the offer.

Would you be able to PM re pricing and availability?