Essential mods for daily driven A3 8P 2.0T FSI DSG

Started by freakykiwi, June 30, 2014, 10:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freakykiwi

Thanks,
I'm trying to convince myself that i'll be happy with just the springs and standard shocks instead of ordering and fitting the Bilstein B12 kit instead with springs and shocks.
2007 Audi A3 2.0T FSI DSG
HPA Puck (75A), WALK, Whiteline rear bar,  Eibach pro-kit, Bilstein B8 Shocks, Whiteline/Nolathane arm bushings, 18" S3 alloys, SRP downpipe, BSH true seal intake, BSH PCV revamp, Superchips stage 2 ECU tune.

ranton-inc

Quote from: freakykiwi on May 31, 2015, 03:33:41 PM
Thanks,
I'm trying to convince myself that i'll be happy with just the springs and standard shocks instead of ordering and fitting the Bilstein B12 kit instead with springs and shocks.

If thats the only thing in your life you need yourself to be happy about. You clearly have bigger issue at hand

freakykiwi

The springs were fitted last Friday week with no problems at all.

The ride is just as comfortable with the Eibach springs as stock with vastly improved handling, launch and braking.   Wheel hop and understeer are virtually non existent.
The wheel arch gap is what it should have always been IMO, not too high and not too low, and looks great.

The stock shocks are arguably a little under damped, especially in rebound, and there's a bit of bounce at motorway speeds but with the progressive springs it's really no worse than stock and very comfortable.

I'm very happy with the car now and it handles the power through the front wheels now so much better than standard, it's a capable and bloody fun car to drive.

2007 Audi A3 2.0T FSI DSG
HPA Puck (75A), WALK, Whiteline rear bar,  Eibach pro-kit, Bilstein B8 Shocks, Whiteline/Nolathane arm bushings, 18" S3 alloys, SRP downpipe, BSH true seal intake, BSH PCV revamp, Superchips stage 2 ECU tune.