AUDI > 80 - 90 - Coupe - quattro - S2 - RS 2

Build thread - Rob's Audi UR Quattro

(1/438) > >>

RobClubley:
I've just bought my dream car, but it needs a lot of work so this will be my build thread - once I get the car home!!
It was previously owned by VASK member Wilco (Steve) in Taupo.

As I'm a writer for Auto Clique (now DriveLife.co.nz) my build thread will live there - hence the watermarks - but I'll duplicate it here :)

Update: AutoClique forums no longer exist, which is where the images linked from, so I'll find the ones I can elsewhere and edit my posts.

Build articles live here:
http://drivelife.co.nz/category/projects/robs-audi-quattro

It has many rust holes.

Y0RKI:
Looks good, love the colour combo!  Cant wait to see the thread progress

RS ZWEI:
Awesome! Whats the first plan of attack (once youve got the car home)?

RobClubley:
Vehicle mover is booked and paid for - just need to wait for them to sort it out now :)

First job will be to move the Skoda to the car port then clear out my garage a bit to make space.
Then I'll start to strip the car, bag and label everything, take photos etc.
It's going to need it to get a proper idea of how bad the rust really is.
I have to admit I'm feeling somewhat daunted by the prospect as I'm pretty much a self taught mechanic :D
I have a mate who's an ex-mechanic to call on when I'm stuck and several people have already offered help, advice and parts, which is awesome as this will be a learning experience.

This needs to be done on as tight a budget as possible but it needs to be done right.

I want to drive this car, so I'm determined that it won't be in bits too long (let's see how that works out!!)

slowburn:
ah,actually rob,i can see the ashtray in the passenger footwell....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version