Build thread - Rob's Audi UR Quattro

Started by RobClubley, July 22, 2015, 08:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McDoof

Get someone to tow the Quattro using the A4. Then you can sit in the UR and pretend that all is well in the world  8)
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

RobClubley

Quote from: McDoof on April 02, 2019, 12:56:41 PM
Get someone to tow the Quattro using the A4. Then you can sit in the UR and pretend that all is well in the world  8)

Making brrrm brrrm noises! :D

1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

RobClubley

Thanks to Wellington European for the loan of their smoke tester. It pointed me straight to the seal that I have totally left out. Not sure how that happened!

It runs much better and will warm start. Got an exhaust leak at the waste gate and it's still dripping oil when warm, and there are a couple of heat shields rattling. So I have work to do.

https://www.facebook.com/ProjectRustyquattro/videos/680060922409742/
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

Audi do

With all these troubles.......at least you have a ur quattro, how many people can say that?.
Sure beats working on some nondescript japanese car.

RobClubley

Quote from: Audi do on May 04, 2019, 09:29:05 PM
With all these troubles.......at least you have a ur quattro, how many people can say that?.
Sure beats working on some nondescript japanese car.

Exactly! It is my dream car and I will drive it.
Though it was potentially getting sold recently as I've separated from my wife and we were splitting stuff.
Managed to sort it so I could hang onto the car.
1985 ur quattro

McDoof

That's never good news.  :(

Good thing she didn't get a grinder out and split the Audi down the middle.
When I was a kid, parent's of a mate of mine split up. She insisted that they get an even split....The dad was a tree feller.  He took a chainsaw to everything they owned and cut it all in half.
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

RobClubley

Oo that's a bit extreme. We have had a very amicable split, so nothing like that was happening.
But the split is part of the reason that things are moving so slowly with Rusty.
I fired it up this weekend and the metal shield between the block and the cam gear is rubbing on the gear. I tried to bend it a bit in place and made it worse, then my daughter lost a critical piece of Lego so I had to leave the car alone :D
Very tempted to just get it transported to Wellington European and get them to finish things off.
1985 ur quattro

McDoof

Maybe just time to let the dust settle so you can regain your mojo for the build.
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

Audi do

Well that's not so good Rob.
Glad you managed to hold onto the car.

RobClubley

Still haven't really got anywhere and I need to. Got that heat shield bent back I think but now need to suss out the leaks.
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

schattenblau

RobClubley

Backed Rusty out of the garage. This happened.

Not sure the water pump is even working properly. I drove down the street and back. Things are not right
I think it's time to get Rusty to Wellington European, and stop putting it off. Because I really don't want to pull it all apart again myself. But I don't think I can really afford that.
https://www.facebook.com/ProjectRustyquattro/videos/338270913523823/

I did give it a wash though.

1985 ur quattro

snowtyres

hi Rob
we have not heard from you for a while...hope you and 'rusty' are ok

RobClubley

Quote from: snowtyres on August 14, 2019, 10:10:43 PM
hi Rob
we have not heard from you for a while...hope you and 'rusty' are ok

Thanks, yes all is well, been concentrating on a new relationship and trying to get the house and my life under control :)
Finally took a few hours off work today and spent some of it starting to get back into Rusty.

First time I've touched Rusty in 3 months, apart from the odd pat on the rear as I passed :)
Pulled the secondary radiator out, will bypass it for now, run the engine and see if I can see exactly where the coolant leak is coming from. While I was in there I also changed the thermostat.

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

I know I've been neglecting it recently but I love this thing and get a little thrill of excitement every time I see it.

1985 ur quattro

McDoof

And one day you will be able to drive it whenever you want!! And it won't leak or stall and the dash will work every time....... One day  ;D
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red