Previous topic - Next topic

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Out of the garage again for insurance valuation. Any excuse for a few quick phone pics.

Had a quick run down the road and back. First issue was fuel pump not running - wiggled a wire and that came right so I need to fix that !!
Then at the bottom of the street I stopped and it stalled at idle. Coaxed it back to life and got back to my drive and stalled again. It took 5 mins to get it to re-start with half the car sticking out into the road. Fun!
Also when it hits boost it's pulling back, so something isn't sealed properly I suspect. Maybe the BoV.
I'm going to get it transported to Wellington European next week for an expert to fix

1985 ur quattro

JLTemp

RobClubley

Out for a sneaky run to the pie shop after my mate Peter found a very small vac leak, which seemed to be part of the running issues. I found a broken wire to the air intake temp sensor. After fixing those it idles and runs without stalling. It makes rather wonderful whooshing and dumping noises too but is holding back under boost.

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Mog was less impressed with my clean car than she was with the warm bonnet. Damn cats!!

1985 ur quattro

schattenblau

put some super duper extra fancy high tech ceramic coating on it so cat just slides off

;D

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

McDoof

Not sure the cat sliding off is going to be a good thing. Imagine it sliding down the bonnet with it's claws out. Just leaving some nice parallel lines all the way down
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

brian

A happy man!
Bit of fine tuning and you may finally be there.
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

RobClubley

Quote from: brian on November 18, 2019, 10:25:07 PM
A happy man!
Bit of fine tuning and you may finally be there.

Need to work out what's up with the ABS to pass a WoF. I think everything else is okay.
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Got to love how Rusty looks like nothing else in the car park.

1985 ur quattro

FFS

And amazing how small the urquattros look compared to other cars too, they don't feel small to drive.

slowburn

99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

89 Coupe

Timeless looking car Rob, true style stands out anywhere in the sea of new age mundane.
1991 BMW E34 535i | 1989 Nissan Skyline R32 | 1993 Nissan Skyline R33 Coupe | 1989 Audi Coupe Quattro | 1996 Audi UrS6 | 1994 BMW E34 540i Touring | 1995 Audi 80 Quattro Avant | 1993 Audi UrS4 Avant | 1999 Audi S4 | 2009 Audi S8 | 1995 Toyota Cresta JZX90

McDoof

The general lot of cars these days are pretty boring. Nobody is really trying anything "out there" anymore.
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

RobClubley

Quote from: slowburn on November 20, 2019, 08:04:45 AM
whats up with the ABS?

What happens is when you brake there's a kind of vibration in the pedal, there's a pump noise, the pedal feels hard, and no braking happens. turn off the ABS and all is well.

WoF man said remove the warning light from the dash, LOL. That is a possibility - removing the ABS and just having non-ABS brakes, and getting the car certified that way.

I pulled the plug out of the ABS computer and the braking is fine. Not a WoF solution though. It's likely sensor spacing or wiring. Or dirt in there somewhere, thought it has all been apart and cleaned. I've tested sensor resistance and they're all in spec.

1985 ur quattro