Started by RobClubley, July 22, 2015, 08:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian

I can see this project expanding expotentially
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

RobClubley

Quote from: brian on August 20, 2015, 05:17:18 PM
I can see this project expanding expotentially

Maybe but not yet. Number one priority now is a WOF.
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

RobClubley

More fun today. Front windows are out along with mechanisms so I can test them. Bit more dash removed.

1985 ur quattro

Fizz

Good work Rob, you really getting stuck into it  :)

RobClubley

I had a visit from John with some Chemical Guys goodies from Detail Depot.

I spend a few hours today tinkering with the car. I spend some time scraping at various sticky substances on the car. Someone has used silicone sealant as glue in a few places so I've been getting the bulk of that removed.

I also scraped off a load of rock hard epoxy adhesive from the boot lid.

I had a go at some of the greasy mucky stuff but after one go with the diluted Chemical Guys degreaser I realised that rinsing it off was filling up the boot with water so I'll tackle that later I think!

Good news! the rust coloured stuff in the front is actually not rusty - I assume rusty water from somewhere has made it that colour.

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Spare parts car should be on its way to me very soon. Booked and paid for car mover today. I see it has electric windows and a sun roof. There are lots of parts on it that I need. Hoping the sunroof seal is good, sunroof drain tubes, some pieces of dash, couple of seals, some trims etc.
1985 ur quattro

ritmo

Nice work Rob...... parts car already!!! Good call.

RobClubley

It was included in the sale - it's in Steve's paddock at the moment. It's a Coupe GT so shares a lot with the URq. I'll be stripping it as completely as possible so I can re-use parts and retain some for spares. Hoping I can replace a lot of the damaged trims and incorrect screws and bolts on mine. There are loads of things I've taken off and they have two mismatched screws or bolts, so one doesn't quite fit properly.
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

wilco

Quote from: RobClubley on August 25, 2015, 10:22:03 AM
It was included in the sale - it's in Steve's paddock driveway ready for pickup at the moment. :)  It's a Coupe GT so shares a lot with the URq. I'll be stripping it as completely as possible so I can re-use parts and retain some for spares. Hoping I can replace a lot of the damaged trims and incorrect screws and bolts on mine. There are loads of things I've taken off and they have two mismatched screws or bolts, so one doesn't quite fit properly.

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Woot!

Thanks Steve for all of your help and work in getting the car ready for transport. Much appreciated.
1985 ur quattro

wilco

No problem Rob, good to see it going to be utilised as intended.
Might be the most travelled non-runner Coupe GT in the country. What say you Martyn? :)

RobClubley

Just found this:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3723622-Audi-quattro-color-codes
So my chassis number has the following paint code:
Montego Black Metallic, LY9V, L3
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Parts car has arrived!

1985 ur quattro

89 Coupe

1991 BMW E34 535i | 1989 Nissan Skyline R32 | 1993 Nissan Skyline R33 Coupe | 1989 Audi Coupe Quattro | 1996 Audi UrS6 | 1994 BMW E34 540i Touring | 1995 Audi 80 Quattro Avant | 1993 Audi UrS4 Avant | 1999 Audi S4 | 2009 Audi S8 | 1995 Toyota Cresta JZX90

RobClubley

Not the best photo - but I'm not convinced the cover is all that waterproof!
1985 ur quattro

brian

Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

RobClubley

I read the small print. It's not meant to be waterproof. Bugger.
1985 ur quattro

Audidude

Wow, Rob! Haven't been to VASK for a while and have just read your rebuild thread from cover to cover....
Respect to you taking on such a project, wish you well and look forward to seeing the completed restoration.
Makes me very grateful to have a rust free 20V in mint condition! Took it out for a short squirt today for the first time in a while as it's had a flat battery that needed a deep recharge kick from another battery then 36 hours on a charger.
From what I remember last time I spoke to Steve at Ellerslie, he'll still have a few coupes in hand!
Audi Tradition can be a good source of parts but everything is Uber expensive, only saving grace is freight ex-Germany is far cheaper than UK. Having a parter spare is a great idea.
Look forward to reading the updates.

'90 Audi ur quattro 20v Tornado Red
'15 VW Amarok Highline 4Motion auto
'99 BMW M5 E39 (For Sale, see TM)
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM K20A - Circuit race car
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM, Championship White
'15 Renault Megane 265 RS, Capsicum Red
'03 Porsche 911 996.2 C2, Black, full leather interior