Previous topic - Next topic

brian

Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

Audidude

Lookin' great, Rob!
Your patience makes Job seem like an un-patient thing.....
'90 Audi ur quattro 20v Tornado Red
'15 VW Amarok Highline 4Motion auto
'99 BMW M5 E39 (For Sale, see TM)
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM K20A - Circuit race car
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM, Championship White
'15 Renault Megane 265 RS, Capsicum Red
'03 Porsche 911 996.2 C2, Black, full leather interior

FFS

Quote from: RS ZWEI on June 07, 2016, 07:13:25 PM
Thats awesome. I hope FFS is watching this thread ;)

Absolutely I am Nik! :)  Yeehaa, Rob! I can almost hear it howling up SH1 already!

RobClubley

Apparently it's ready apart from a final cut and polish. But it's going to rain for the next two days so I can't get it transported home until next week. Once again, pics have been promised. But I think I'll be visiting it for a look on Saturday morning :)
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Called for a look today. Couldn't have taken it home today anyway as it's chucking down.

I got to take part of it home.

1985 ur quattro

brian

Very nice.
I can see that you have some work under the bonnet to get it up to your usual standard if the Skoda is any indication

dubstar

Very nice.  The spoiler actually works and I would be tempted to stick with the Ronals...
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

RobClubley

Quote from: dubstar on June 10, 2016, 12:57:12 PM
Very nice.  The spoiler actually works and I would be tempted to stick with the Ronals...

I'm happy with the spoiler. Let's see what the Azevs look like on :) The Ronals will always be there as a fallback option.
1985 ur quattro

slowmo

Quote from: dubstar on June 10, 2016, 12:57:12 PM

Looking at those photos, I agree, the classic wheels look great.

What size are the rims?
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

RobClubley

Originals are 15s, the Azevs are 18s.

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

These are 19s

1985 ur quattro

brian

Period_Correct_

1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

McDoof

I can see where you are going with the Azev's but I am also on the Ronal boat.
Older cars need a bit of rubber showing rather than a rubber band

NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

ritmo

Put rubber on both sets and run whatever you feel like. I personally think the white ones looks awesome.

RobClubley

I'll certainly keep both sets! Changing things like wheels, and the spoiler are going to split opinions. There will always be the purists who want it put to 100% stock, but it's not going to be truly stock again, the way some things have been changed, like the seats, and the speaker holes.

My plan is to make it look right, and add some mod cons but not in a way that compromises the spirit of the car, it has to be done properly. Anything modern, like an upgraded stereo, will be hidden as much as possible. The Blaupunkt tape deck is going in the dash, for example.
1985 ur quattro

FFS

As I've said before, do what gives you joy. It's your car Rob. It will look great.

blue 20v

both sets will look great but the white set stands out...there will always be the group that say original is best and yes try both maybe the original in white?     but i think your choice is a good choice...
P.S....most people hate my choice but it was my choice and fit the 993turbo package that i got to change was a given....
1986 20vt UR quattro

RobClubley

Car is coming home tomorrow!!!

Sorry Skoda you no longer sleep in the garage :(
1985 ur quattro