1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

brian

Looks brilliant.
The wheels/tyres combination have proven to be an excellent choice

Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

FFS

RobClubley

Seats looking good in the sun

I installed a little fuse board for the various devices which need a switched live. And tidied the wiring up a bit. Not much I can do about that massive bundle as it's so tangled together.

Door seals re-fitted. Terrible pic, sorry!

1985 ur quattro

snowtyres

Quote from: RobClubley on November 17, 2016, 04:48:08 PM
Slowburn popped round the other night and dropped off some pipe for the windscreen washers.

I replaced the wind screen washer tubing at the weekend in the RR.
Check if your WR has 2 Small clips near the bonnet 'vents' that will hold the tubing against the bonnet. If they are there thread the tubing through them for a neater installation and then pass the tube  through the the reinforcing and exit through the smallest hole next to the hinge bracket.  The tube then runs down the top of the mudguard next to the bonnet release cable to the ww pump. (All is then 'hidden')

I hope this helps, I can send some images if you need them

RobClubley

Quote from: snowtyres on November 21, 2016, 11:07:09 PM
I replaced the wind screen washer tubing at the weekend in the RR.
Check if your WR has 2 Small clips near the bonnet 'vents' that will hold the tubing against the bonnet. If they are there thread the tubing through them for a neater installation and then pass the tube  through the the reinforcing and exit through the smallest hole next to the hinge bracket.  The tube then runs down the top of the mudguard next to the bonnet release cable to the ww pump. (All is then 'hidden')

I hope this helps, I can send some images if you need them

Pics would be helpful yes. Pretty sure I don't have those clips.

I realised when I moved it that something is stopping the car from rolling smoothly, most likely a stuck brake caliper.
Other than that I need to fix the passenger window as it's really stiff in the tracks, put the bottom of the dash back together, and sort out the wiring to the headlights which has been re-done to provide better voltage, but the sidelights don't work, headlights seem to be on full beam only and one foglight only works with full beam, the other works with sidelights or headlights.
1985 ur quattro

thomas.dq

Quote from: RobClubley on November 23, 2016, 01:23:27 PM
Other than that I need to fix the passenger window as it's really stiff in the tracks, put the bottom of the dash back together, and sort out the wiring to the headlights which has been re-done to provide better voltage, but the sidelights don't work, headlights seem to be on full beam only and one foglight only works with full beam, the other works with sidelights or headlights.

Sounds like fun  ::)
2020 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
2017 Mitsubishi Outlander
2016 Nissan Leaf

1997 Mk3 Golf VR6
2010 Mk6 Golf GTI

wilco

Hi Rob if its any consolation or to determine a baseline, all the lights worked okay and correctly.  I didn't play with the wiring or relays that (presumably) Richard installed though - just sorted earths and replaced a couple of bulbs I think.

Yes you need good thighs to push it around - the front left brake caliper sticks. Didn't determine whether it was the caliper or a hose.  Replacing all hoses was a no-brainer anyway so hadn't worried too much about it.  Try new hoses and fluid change first... :)

W.

Horch

Keen to know what you used to adhere the door seals in place.?
2018 Porsche 991 Carrera T Manual
1988 urquattro MB
1986 MB 300SL
1956 DKW RT250
2006 Vespa PX200

RobClubley

Quote from: wilco on November 23, 2016, 09:23:24 PM
Hi Rob if its any consolation or to determine a baseline, all the lights worked okay and correctly.  I didn't play with the wiring or relays that (presumably) Richard installed though - just sorted earths and replaced a couple of bulbs I think.

Yes you need good thighs to push it around - the front left brake caliper sticks. Didn't determine whether it was the caliper or a hose.  Replacing all hoses was a no-brainer anyway so hadn't worried too much about it.  Try new hoses and fluid change first... :)

W.

It's probably my plugging-in of wires that has confused things. :D
New hoses are on the list. I have discs and pads ready to change.

Quote from: Horch on November 23, 2016, 11:15:05 PM
Keen to know what you used to adhere the door seals in place.?

I just used double-sided sticky tape, as that's what they were held on with before. Hopefully it will hold!
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

I was really happy to receive my shiny brand new passenger door handle yesterday. I thought I'd pop down to the garage for ten minutes and fit it. 90 minutes later...
It looks the same as the old one but the lock barrel is thinner so I can't swap over my old lock. And it doesn't quite line up properly, so it catches. So it'll have to come off again for adjustment. It's never simple is it?

1985 ur quattro

le mans

The definition of frustration right there!

slowburn

be patient,nothing ever really fits right
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

RobClubley

I bought a new boss for the steering wheel, hoping it would solve my horn-beeping problem, but I have bought the wrong one. Doh. I went back to my modified one and added some screws. Might do the trick.

Also spent another hour trying to sort out the front lights. I worked out the problem with the fogs, they are correct now. There's a dodgy connection on one main beam light which I need to repair, and the sidelights still aren't right but I'm getting there!

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Also I was happy to have the loom from the donor GT to use to replace a broken headlight connector.

1985 ur quattro

brian

Sorting electrical gremlins is never easy on an older car as there is so many possibilities of corroded joints etc, even more so if there have been botched mods.
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

RobClubley

Lights are working well now, except I still only have full beam, no dipped.

BMW mode.

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Mystery solved! I plugged in the stalk from the GT and got dipped beam. There's an obvious click when pulling it forward which the quattro one doesn't have. Just need to take the steering wheel off again and either fix mine our swap to the spare.

More little things - alarm and remote locking is working and indicators are connected now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWAen593-iA
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Okay Wellington, no more quakes for a wile, thanks.

None of these things look nice.

In other news, all lights are now working. I swapped the hazard switch for a spare and the hazards work now, but the indicators still don't flash, just come on solid. I traced a few things and found out a few things it isn't :)
Full/dipped beams are working now too.
I've also sorted out the passenger door handle.
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Working on brakes is hard work! Guess which one was stuck on.
List of parts needed is growing. At least one c.v. boot, bump stops. Abs cables maybe, brake lines, and probably hard lines as I think I've damaged one trying to get the brake lines off.

1985 ur quattro