'99 BMW M5 E39 (For Sale, see TM)
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM K20A - Circuit race car
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM, Championship White
'15 Renault Megane 265 RS, Capsicum Red
'03 Porsche 911 996.2 C2, Black, full leather interior

td19

Quote from: Audidude on March 07, 2017, 07:02:40 AM
Pretty sure that's what's on Rex's ur quattro

Likely ... he was the Milltek agent. I got the exhaust for the white RR from him just before he went overseas.

Audidude

Quote from: td19 on March 07, 2017, 07:49:46 AM
Likely ... he was the Milltek agent. I got the exhaust for the white RR from him just before he went overseas.

You miss yours? She's in good hands.
'90 Audi ur quattro 20v Tornado Red
'15 VW Amarok Highline 4Motion auto

le mans

Yes I saw it last weekend. It's looking and sounding great!

RobClubley

A box of bits arrived. Swaybar end links (the correct ones this time), Rear tie rods and bump stops.

Looking at shocks now, it seems the fronts are either 50mm or 55mm diameter. Will measure tonight and find out which I have. Bilstein B6 are the ones I'm, going for. I've asked a few NZ suppliers for pricing. I'd like to buy locally but not if there's the 50-300% "being in New Zealand" tax.
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

RobClubley

Dammit just when I think I've made a decision :D
Also I'm now not sure which I need. The outside of both my front and rear struts - i.e. the bit that the shock cartridge slots into not the shock itself - is 55mm so I assume that's the dimension they're referring to.
1985 ur quattro

John Stone

Quote from: RobClubley on March 09, 2017, 08:02:23 PM
Dammit just when I think I've made a decision :D
Also I'm now not sure which I need. The outside of both my front and rear struts - i.e. the bit that the shock cartridge slots into not the shock itself - is 55mm so I assume that's the dimension they're referring to.

Not had a chance to compare but happy with the Bilsteins in my car, fresh bushes all round, solid top mounts - the point it and go steering is amazing
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

snowtyres

Quattroforum.com post from 2010 from a 'local'....bazilNZ....do you know him? I think he had something to do with carbon bits as I recall.

"At the end of the day the question is - are Koni any good for the quattro? - and the answer is absolutely yes, very good. The BOGE are a soggy mess. Night and day between these and Koni. The Bilstein are also very good, but they are very firm and have no adjustment.
BasilNZ 2010"

FFS

This won't help in your decision making either, but it's experience. On my WR 20 yrs ago I had Bilsteins put it, springs too. Was then a really hard ride, slightly too harsh I felt, but better cornering for certain. When it came time for me to have the bushes and shocks replaced in my MB I scoured through quattroforum and the consensus there was Konis are the way to go, so I did. I have set of Konis in now, the ride is harder, no huge improvement. The standard shocks I had in previously felt a lot nicer ride, and the only real improvement seemed to be in turning - it felt as if it was slightly more direct. Suggest doing springs too, at the age of the car. When the suspension work was done on the MB I were told replacing the springs would be pointless. So I didn't, and regret that.

RobClubley

This is not helping :D

I have some brand new H&R springs that Slowburn gave me. The Bilstein B6s would work well with them.
I had KW v3s on the Skoda and never adjusted them!! :D
1985 ur quattro

McDoof

Quote from: RobClubley on March 10, 2017, 09:15:58 AM
This is not helping :D

I have some brand new H&R springs that Slowburn gave me. The Bilstein B6s would work well with them.
I had KW v3s on the Skoda and never adjusted them!! :D

I've seen this setup on a Gen4 Subaru Legacy. It's firm but not bone shaking. It's what I would expect to run on a "fast" street car. 
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

RobClubley

I'm going to go for the Bilsteins. Speed.co.nz can supply them for a very reasonable $1150 delivered. I'm happy with that, knowing there's no mucking about with import duty, and I have a local company to go back to with any issues.
1985 ur quattro

FFS

I quite liked the Bilsteins, I'm not sure my Konis are set up right, there feels a bit too much upward bounce. I think I've told the story before, but here goes again. I got my Bilsteins in a bunch of stuff for $200 through the old Trade and Exchange magazine. Including brake calipers, discs, stub axles, springs, subframes, plus other bits and pieces. I didn't really know what  were buying, just thought I'd hoover it up while it was available. They seller had bought them for a kit car, and said they'd come from a Treser quattro, of which owner had two. All the suspension parts looked great, clean, almost like new. I stacked them away then one morning driving into Hamilton a stub axle on my car fell out of sorts with the suspension leg. Horrible grinding sounds. I got the car to a Hamilton workshop and said I'd bring the other bits in to see if anything was any good to replace the broken bit. Was it ever, when they saw it they swapped the lot out for mine, minus the subframes. Ride height was dropped with the new springs (from the early WR height to the later WR height), and those Bilsteins were so firm on the road. I eventually sold that urq and some time after sold the remaining suspension bits (to onthebogalot). You are going to enjoy your car, for certain Rob, - a hugely admirable effort on your part.

slowburn

wow,rob,i'd like to get some info on the billies from speed please? i need some new suspension soon....
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

RobClubley

Quote from: slowburn on March 12, 2017, 03:20:50 AM
wow,rob,i'd like to get some info on the billies from speed please? i need some new suspension soon....
Sent you a FB message with details.
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Got some odds and sods from Classic Quattros in the UK:

The plastic air guide for the intercooler, which I'm missing. Pipes for the headlight washers, proper clips for the bumpers, a new trim for the passenger door, and some neoprene strips which should be between the two parts of each bumper.

Oh and the bag which should be in the boot to hold the tools.
1985 ur quattro

brian

Ahh, nice new stuff, always a pleasure to receive a parcel like this.
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

Audidude

Bought a few things from classicquattro - good reliable trader.
'90 Audi ur quattro 20v Tornado Red
'15 VW Amarok Highline 4Motion auto

WRURQ

Quote from: Audidude on March 15, 2017, 02:32:32 PM
Bought a few things from classicquattro - good reliable trader.

Me too ....