Build thread - Rob's Audi UR Quattro

Started by RobClubley, July 22, 2015, 08:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClubley

Quote from: le mans on April 08, 2018, 11:50:31 AM
Who the hell is the muppet that gave that a thumbs down? Awesome video - tells a story of passion and perseverance.

Haha probably my wife, she said it gave her motion sickness because the pics are too fast.

Fixed the indicators by swapping the LED bulbs for some normal ones from Super Cheap :)

Tempted to risk the morning commute into Wellington this week. Probably a bad idea.
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

slowburn

hope you didn't commute today,it's craphouse outside.......perfect weather for other drivers being at fault.....
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

RobClubley

Quote from: slowburn on April 10, 2018, 08:08:14 AM
hope you didn't commute today,it's craphouse outside.......perfect weather for other drivers being at fault.....

Nah screw joining the chaos when everyone takes a car to work but forgets how to drive it because it's raining.
Great day for driving the A4.
1985 ur quattro

FFS

[quote

Tempted to risk the morning commute into Wellington this week. Probably a bad idea.
[/quote]

It's gotta get wet sometime! :)

RobClubley

Quote from: FFS on April 10, 2018, 04:09:38 PM
It's gotta get wet sometime! :)

I have no problem getting it wet or dirty but I don't want to sit in stop/start traffic for an hour with the windows steaming up. Not when I have an auto A4 with aircon :)

1985 ur quattro

FFS

Ah, yes I see. Stop start traffic is little fun, whatever you're in, let alone a car you're just learning to trust. I know my good wife hated driving my urq out of Auckland through rush hour one time when she had no choice, but she doesn't drive it much! I don't mind that traffic so much in the quattro, I have done it a few times but don't like being on and off the clutch all the time, feeling like I'm using up a months worth of clutch plates.

I did drive mine today, and near Morrinsville I experienced the worst weather I think I've ever driven the quattro in. Could hardly see even with wipers on full. Your rain today was probably worse again!

RobClubley

School run, followed by a rush-hour commute in to central Wellington. Turns out the heater doesn't work.

1985 ur quattro

Worms

8)

Your economy is better than my R32 Touran.... Was there nowhere where you could use any throttle?  ;D

This morning would have been a good morning for the heater to work!

colingrant

RobClubley

Quote from: colingrant on April 14, 2018, 11:11:55 AM
"Please refuel"
Signed
Patrizia

She's such a nag.
Actually she has gone quiet. Another thing to fix.
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

I'm back from two weeks in the U.S. A drive in Rusty was required as soon as possible.

1985 ur quattro

brian

Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

McDoof

NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

RobClubley

Trying to decide when to full the front apart to do the various jobs that need doing, like fix the headlight washers, intercooler mounts, Samco hoses etc.

I want to get on with it but don't want to stop driving it :D
Plus a couple of car meets are coming up.

I need to be confident with the car before the Gumboot Rally in September :)
1985 ur quattro

brian

Put it this way, if you wait until you don't want to drive it all the time, it'll never get done, so best you start ASAP
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

RobClubley

No petrol in the A4, so a great excuse to commute in the ur.
Average MPG isn't too bad over the first 200 miles or so.
My ABS light comes on every time I go over 70kph, sometimes stays on, sometimes goes off again. It goes off and stays off if I fiddle with the ABS off switch. Something else for the list.

1985 ur quattro

schattenblau

rusty looks positively petite next to that bulky toyota corolla wagon

:laugh:

Q - with the speedo reading in km/h, doesn't the fuel consumption readout also change to metric ?

RobClubley

Quote from: schattenblau on May 02, 2018, 11:23:51 AM
rusty looks positively petite next to that bulky toyota corolla wagon

:laugh:

Q - with the speedo reading in km/h, doesn't the fuel consumption readout also change to metric ?

No it's not that clever. Maybe because the old-school mechanical odometer is in miles?
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro