Build thread - Rob's Audi UR Quattro

Started by RobClubley, July 22, 2015, 08:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClubley

It's a good job I like our cats!

This is Sam. Not the one who got locked in the garage and made those prints on the bonnet.
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

RobClubley

Took the front apart to start on the list of jobs I need to do. First, start fitting the Samco hoses.

Coolant was weeping through this one.

Steady..steady...

Ah,bugger

Looking good

And I'm out of time!
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Headlight washers plumbed in at last with the kit from Classic Quattros.

1985 ur quattro

snowtyres

Hey Rob

can I suggest another job (as if you need another one) while you are doing the under bonnet stuff..........take off Rusty's rusty rocker cover and have it re-powder coated in black...things then under the bonnet will look as good as what has been done by you on the outside

hope you don't mind my suggestion.

Keep up the good work.. you have done a good job and write a great story

Cheers

Richard

RobClubley

Quote from: snowtyres on May 07, 2018, 10:00:47 PM
Hey Rob

can I suggest another job (as if you need another one) while you are doing the under bonnet stuff..........take off Rusty's rusty rocker cover and have it re-powder coated in black...things then under the bonnet will look as good as what has been done by you on the outside

hope you don't mind my suggestion.

Keep up the good work.. you have done a good job and write a great story

Cheers

Richard

Yeah it does rather let things down. It's on the list!
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

I made Rusty cry! Turns out the headlight washer pump leaks. As soon as I topped the bottle up, water dribbled out of the washers.

Water hoses done.

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

First time I've really got a look at the turbo. It looks alright. No play in the compressor wheel.

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Hmm that's not so good. The flexi hose to the intake was repaired with duct tape, too.

1985 ur quattro

89 Coupe

Would be losing a few horseys out of that intercooler hose!
1991 BMW E34 535i | 1989 Nissan Skyline R32 | 1993 Nissan Skyline R33 Coupe | 1989 Audi Coupe Quattro | 1996 Audi UrS6 | 1994 BMW E34 540i Touring | 1995 Audi 80 Quattro Avant | 1993 Audi UrS4 Avant | 1999 Audi S4 | 2009 Audi S8 | 1995 Toyota Cresta JZX90

RobClubley

All back together - time for a test drive. It feels a bit better but still runs out of power at about 5000 rpm.
The intake hose is slightly twisted so might be deforming under boost - need to loosen it and sort it but it's a pig to get to.

Just checking.. yep the coolant stayed in.

Took the wife for her first ride in the car. She pointed out about ten things wrong with it that I haven't got to yet.
Then we broke down in the shopping centre car park - not quite enough charge in the battery to start the car. She got a bit grumpy because we needed to be somewhere and I had to call the AA for a jump start from a booster pack.

Today was more successful - I took Rusty to the Capital Rodders Swap Meet.
Longest drive yet - Tawa to Upper Hutt. Coming back over SH58 made me grin. Must sort out the rear wheel rubbing issue though!!
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

brian

Oh, no...........what happened there?
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

RobClubley

It was my fault. So annoyed with myself!.
I have an awkward uphill 90 degree turn in the drive to get into my garage and I have to go in at an angle. I misjudged it and as it was dark I couldn't see properly in the side mirror that it was about to make contact with the door frame.
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

After a bit of polishing.  The pinstripe needs removing and re-doing and there is a bit of a dent

1985 ur quattro

thomas.dq

2020 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
2017 Mitsubishi Outlander
2016 Nissan Leaf

1997 Mk3 Golf VR6
2010 Mk6 Golf GTI

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

One more from the weekend car show

1985 ur quattro

wolfgang

It was great to see your car at the swapmeet.
You made one of our clubmembers day he has a stuning classic bathhurst monaro, so he knows his cars.
He remembered the quattros from the WRC in New Zealand in the 80's and thought people most likely would have no idea of the significance as they walked past it.
I couldnt bring mine as i am still waiting for my coolant hose kit and get the driver seat recovered by the Kohl's with the cloth i found in Austria.
1985 Audi urquattro
1980 VW Scirocco S
1987 VW Scirocco Scala
1967 Dodge Coronet
1984 Chevy Corvette