Build thread - Rob's Audi UR Quattro

Started by RobClubley, July 22, 2015, 08:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian

Man that car looks good.
I take it from your earlier posting today, you will not be trading it on ;D a Tesla
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

colingrant

My '85 has no ABS and never ever had it. And I'm happy with that. Being a technician by trade  34 year old electronics make me nervous. Same with the dash. Every time I  turn it on it makes my my sphincter pucker.

slowburn

as long as you don't disturb the wheel sensors in the hubs you're all good. ask me how I know.....battled for years with it after I upgraded to the wilwoods up front....all sorted now though
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

brian

Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

colingrant

20V motor, analogue instruments, RR upholstery, rr Personal steering wheel Hmmmmm, what goes on here.

RobClubley

I am still here ! :)

How the heck am I totally missing the ABS sensor spacer cap on one rear wheel?
This may be relevant to ABS not working!

1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

schattenblau

that's a big torque wrench.

we going to see you on sunday ?

;D

RobClubley

Quote from: schattenblau on March 10, 2020, 01:49:56 PM
that's a big torque wrench.

we going to see you on sunday ?

;D

Would love to come but my daughter is doing the Weetbix Tryathlon that day.
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Yay, the ABS sensor caps arrived just in time for Level 4 lockdown :)

Had a little drive - down  the drive about 30m.

At least it's clean, and the dash wasn't working as I pulled back into the garage. Always a new challenge.

1985 ur quattro

superfueler

Current: 2010 Audi A4 2.7 TDI silver, 2007 Audi A4 2.0T DTM sprint blue, 2007 VW Golf V 2.0 TDI BKD 4motion manual white.
Past: 2004 Golf R32 black pearlescent, 2009 Audi S3 white, 2004 Audi A4 B6 1.8T blue, 99 Golf mk4 GTI black, 2005 Audi A4 B7 2.0T black.

RobClubley

Can't go to the garage without checking out the urq and having a little talk to it.

1985 ur quattro

portmanteau

Quote from: RobClubley on April 03, 2020, 12:58:22 PM
Can't go to the garage without checking out the urq and having a little talk to it

in which language?
'94 S2 Avant N300 Nothelle, '94 S2 Sedan '84 urq,'80 Golf GTI replica, '83 Rocco GTI, '99 TT, '07 Q7, '99 S4 Avant, '86 90Q, '63 DKW Junior, other non-VAG collectibles, & 2 lonely 200Q

RobClubley

The dash only fires up if I hold the reset button. Been told that this is normal behaviour when ignition is off, meaning I may have a broken switched live to the dash.

https://www.facebook.com/ProjectRustyquattro/videos/2503944286484854/

Somewhere in here lies my problem, probably.

Seats out !
For two reasons - get to the wiring more easily and the car has developed a really pungent smell inside - which I think must be coming from the seat foam as I've replaced everything else, and will be related to its 10 years of sitting around and previous housing of rodents.
The foam is also starting to break down into powder so I need to get it sorted. It's so bad that after sitting in the car for 10 minutes, just standing next to my partner started to trigger her asthma. Bit of a concern!

1985 ur quattro

wolfgang

Once the lockdown is over get the seats to the Kohls and they can replace and reshape the foam, it's not difficult and they did my Mk1 Scirocco seats. You can pick the density of the foam as well, which make the sidepolsters nice and firm. One thing to keep in mind is to check the seat heater if you got them. When I fixed my quattro driver seat the heater element was stuffed.
1985 Audi urquattro
1980 VW Scirocco S
1987 VW Scirocco Scala
1967 Dodge Coronet
1984 Chevy Corvette

RobClubley

Quote from: wolfgang on April 19, 2020, 01:25:41 PM
Once the lockdown is over get the seats to the Kohls and they can replace and reshape the foam, it's not difficult and they did my Mk1 Scirocco seats. You can pick the density of the foam as well, which make the sidepolsters nice and firm. One thing to keep in mind is to check the seat heater if you got them. When I fixed my quattro driver seat the heater element was stuffed.

Yep I've talked to them and Danny mentioned maybe a steam clean but I'd be happier with new foam.
1985 ur quattro

80 Vert

Wow Rob, that wiring is something else. I'd be looking to sort through that and tidy that up.
I'm not surprised you're having electrical issues, as often the case there will have been many people in there before you.
Wiring actually takes a lot of effort to sort out.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Few little updates.

Garage cabinet :D

I sent the seats to Kohl Rod and Custom because the foam was turning to powder and triggering my partner's asthma!

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Started on the wiring...

Had a quick look at Patrizia as she has gone silent. No obvious blown components so my mate will be taking a look soon.

1985 ur quattro