Build thread - Rob's Audi UR Quattro

Started by RobClubley, July 22, 2015, 08:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClubley

Rusty had a visit from a descendent, The RS5 belongs to Steve who I bought Rusty from.

1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

RobClubley

WoF failed on headlight alignment and a cut in my rear seatbelt! Maybe rodent related? Also my drive shaft bushing is worn so I?ll replace that soon.
Since sitting outside for a week Rusty isn?t running properly - missing and down on power. Not sure what it is yet, maybe electrical, maybe air or vac leak. I suspected spark plugs so did a quick 10 minute new plug install in @repcoauto car park 😃 Smoother running but still not right.

Hmm not sure that looks right. New cap and rotor coming from @qualitat_european
New seatbelt arrived from Hawkeswood Classic in Auckland.

1985 ur quattro

wilco

I can place this pic now Rob!  Excellent.

RobClubley

I think it?s pretty clear the seatbelt was chewed by a rodent, and it also found this empty popcorn packet and tried to drag it into the boot. Better have a word with my daughter about leaving food in cars!!  It also ate some of my parcel shelf which fortunately doesn?t show
New belt is fitted, just need to sort out the headlight and get a WoF re-check.

Those &$@ing headlight adjuster clips!
Took Rusty for a WoF re-check, we got the headlight adjusted just right then ?ping!? The clip flew off. At the back of headlight that has to come out to get to the clips. At 4:58pm. So I had to come home again with no warrant of fitness. Third time lucky!

Success! It took another 45 min of taking the headlight out and re fitting to finally get it right. Running issue also sorted it was cylinder 2 plug lead. Will tidy later but it no longer sounds like a Subaru.

OMG what a revelation! I have decent headlights now!
Last 2 wofs they must have ignored it.
1985 ur quattro

89 Coupe

Do you need some new clips for the headlight adjusters Rob? I have some assorted sizes that should work
1991 BMW E34 535i | 1989 Nissan Skyline R32 | 1993 Nissan Skyline R33 Coupe | 1989 Audi Coupe Quattro | 1996 Audi UrS6 | 1994 BMW E34 540i Touring | 1995 Audi 80 Quattro Avant | 1993 Audi UrS4 Avant | 1999 Audi S4 | 2009 Audi S8 | 1995 Toyota Cresta JZX90

RobClubley

Thanks but if I can help it I?m not touching it again :D
I twisted some wire around the end of the one that popped off and it?s holding well.
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

le mans

I have to say, your perseverance has really paid off. Great to see you enjoying the car.

RobClubley

Little run around the maunga this weekend with some local car people.

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Family trip to Raglan a few weeks ago

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Road trip to Wellington and back, Rusty performed well. I took the Azev wheels down for a guy who said he wanted to buy them then he ghosted me so I brought them back again!
Stayed in a cottage in the middle of Nga Manu bird sanctuary which was awesome!

Also brought back a Ford Courier gearbox which has done 250,000km less than the one in my ute :)

Extra lowering demonstrated here:
1985 ur quattro

liv

My 12 year old went bananas when he saw you pull out of Coastlands on Saturday eve!  Poor guy almost gave himself whiplash when he turned around to look at the Coupe heading in the opposite direction.
2016 Audi S4 (B9)
2019 Mercedes Benz B180 AMG (W247)

RobClubley

Quote from: liv on August 21, 2023, 10:53:40 AM
My 12 year old went bananas when he saw you pull out of Coastlands on Saturday eve!  Poor guy almost gave himself whiplash when he turned around to look at the Coupe heading in the opposite direction.

Love it!
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

The fleet! Rusty needed a wash so I thought why not do the work car too.

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Kicked out of the garage so my wife can use it as a conference room for a work training day.

1985 ur quattro

brian

Is anyone else finding these picture laden threads are slow to download?
Just wondering if it is my setup or something else
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue