memory seat issue

Started by justanothernoob, July 14, 2015, 08:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justanothernoob

I have a 2004 B6 Audi S4 with the electric seats and driver's seat memory function and have programmed the 4 saved seating positions with no problems.

When I have the door open and the engine is not started (but key can be in or out of the ignition) and I press any of the memory buttons, the seat will return all the way to that position with a single tap of the button. The seat will only stop moving (before reaching the saved position) if I start the car, press another memory button or press one of the controls on the side of the seat.

If I have the engine running, the seat will only fully return to the saved position if I keep my finger on the memory button until it has reached the saved position. If I take my finger off the memory button before the saved position is reached, the seat stops moving.

I have the full VCDS and have run diags on all modules and the only issues I have are with the aircon (intermittent short) and radio antenna having an open loop (I suspect from the power feed for the previous owner's radar-detector).

Anyone come across this before or got any pointers?

cheers.

David

Trofeo

Sounds normal to me. You don't want to be driving down the motorway, drop your sunglasses down the side of the seat, rummage around for them only to bump a button, and suddenly find you can't reach the pedals any longer!

Note you can set each key to automatically go to your preferred setting. So you open the car with your key and the seat adjusts for you, and your partner uses theirs and gets another setting. 
2015 Amarok 4WD auto
2018 Golf R-Line Tsi

Worms

Poonmobile

yup, normal. You can also 'teach' your remotes to have presets programmed to each. I.e. on my old S8 my wife's key moved the seat forward and up when she unlocked the car. And my remote would set it to my preference.
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

justanothernoob

thank you all for confirming this is not an issue but by design.

Unfortunately, the key-fob thing for me isn't really an option as I like the seat back when I'm getting in but need it forward once ready to drive: chunky thighs means I can't get my legs between the seat and the steering wheel when the seat's in the driving position.

I guess I'll just have to make do with fiddling with buttons. Never mind ... 1st World Problems!!!  :)