new sofa in the family...

Started by typ53, August 07, 2006, 09:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meteor

Nice car!  You should clean it out though! 
Ive taken apart the combination switch on my 86QT200.  They are not made for easy rework but you can un-solder the copper strips up the side and unscrew the top cover, which might be enough to get to the wiper switch.  If you have to go down to the next layer then need to melt out one of the light switch pins and later resolder and glue it for support.  Not really worth the effort in retrospect.  But your car is newer, maybe they changed the combo swith a bit? 

typ53

Quote from: hartster on August 25, 2006, 09:41:00 AM
A snap of my 'sofa' with the lowered suspension on 225s. Like my sofa in the living room, its covered in dog hair, small person's vomit, mysterious dark green farmyard stains and (I discovered yesterday under the passenger seat), 'V'.

Nice ride Hartster.  I thought mine was a mess, but now that you've found the 'V'... ;)

Thanks for the tip Meteor, I'll give it a crack when I find the time and report back.  $370 is a $hit load to spend on a replacement so anything is worth trying.
The Fleet:
Orange Roughy:'90 16v Corrado
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring
Still trying to figure out how to get 'em all to fit in a single garage....

Pushbutton_auto

If you get stuck I may a combo about for sale soon.
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

orggti

Check the relays for wipers, also for windows if they all stop at once. I have fixed many by resoldering the relays. Pulling the steering wheel and mucking round with the switches can be tricky, tho it can also be the only way to fix it. Mark where the wheel was before removing it.