AA torque show......rubbish

Started by dubstar, February 15, 2005, 10:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubstar

I watched AA torque show last night, what a load of rubbish.? To think that my taxes are paying for this "show" (and I use that term loosely).

How to haggle prices of cars?? Everyone knows the window price isn't the best price, thanks for telling me something everyone already knows.

The most pitiful part of the 30minutes of wasted air time was when Roger (some old codger who wishes he was Jeremy Clarkson) doddled around taupo race track.? He wasn't driving fast and didn't push the car out of the cruising zone.? In fact he even said " I am driving to my limit, but the car hasn't even got to its limit."? If that's your "limit" you shouldn't be hosting a car show!!? I have never seen such a ridiculous driving style, hands flying everywhere, knees up at the steering wheel, etc.
He never critiqued the car, he simply repeated the advertising slogans ("this car is a piece of art, wank, wank, wank).

If this is the best NZ TV producers can do, god save us all!
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

SimonS2

Yes that was really a sad show.... good intentions I guess, but would really only suit someone who knew nothing about cars, and had no interest in them (oh... I guess they would rather watch Corro Street anyway).
That garbage about the 'Magical MSP Button' on the Maserati was so lame ("...look I can drive like a complete gimp and the car fixes my errors!..."). How long ago were tracttion and stibility control invented?  Has he not driven a car built in the last 10 years?

dubstar

They should have tried a totally different approach, rather then try and imitate TopGear.  Perhaps a new theme each week; like "How much horsepower can we suck out of this daiuhatsu mira?" or "Aucklands most useless car salesman" or "Why NZers can't use their mirrors when driving?" or "How come there are football pitches for future football stars, but not racetracks for future motorsport champs?"
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

RS ZWEI

I thought the show was crap as well!

The only thing that I thought might be go was the Ford Vs Holden challenge at Taupo, but nothing happened!
WTF?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

rambo_005

A total waste of time, I was super tired but I watched this anyway - should have gone to sleep.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: rambo_005 on February 15, 2005, 01:54:42 PM
A total waste of time, I was super tired but I watched this anyway - should have gone to sleep.
Id rather wash my hair than watch that show.
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

dubstar

We should start our own show!  I'm sure prime will buy it.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: dubstar on February 15, 2005, 03:30:07 PM
We should start our own show!? I'm sure prime will buy it.

We could call it "Spot the VAG"
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

wilco

Glad I missed it - would have wasted a half hour of garage time.  8)

bsting

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on February 15, 2005, 04:09:36 PM

We could call it "Spot the VAG"

Poor Maserati - doubt if they will sell any cars after that.
Dread the day VAG is on the show. :(

mk3 gti

some people with personallity would be a good start not a dried up comedian
and some guy that the motoring world has never heard off  :-*

bsting

Airtime for sale on Triangle TV - but Ak only region.

www.tritv.co.nz

mk3 gti

re-version it in Maori for mts and it might be more entertaning as we could just watch the cars
and not have to listen to them unless you can speak Te Reo

orggti

thay should have got old peen mckay comparing everything to his cave weta (wife) or the menial tasks she prforms around the house.
we could acctually  make our own show and pay to get it veiwed on triangle TV it could be very successful if you do your own advertizing of the program and make a good program, something it seems others can't do. Then when its up and going theres huge advertising potetial to tap into. And we are a different interest group of car owner and entusiast as most other homemade shows are bogan fast four and rotory nonsence. we could have Rex as The Doctor VAG man each week and me doing some off the wall public interest artical based on cars of course. Any rich investors out there? I will work full time on the idea for a grand a week 8) 

bsting

Could make something - stream it on the net ? ;D

dubstar

I'll only do it for Judy Baileys pay ;D

RS ZWEI

1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

bsting