Mk4 R32 advice

Started by Jacko, August 29, 2015, 04:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacko

Heya,

Looking around for something to replace my trusty stock GF8 WRX hatch with, slightly more refined and modern without being boring was the idea! Ive just bought the wife a 1.6 Mk4 wagon, and liked the way it was put together.

This R32 on trademe caught my eye http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/volkswagen/auction-933404853.htm

Any thoughts? Any thing to be aware of? How well priced is it (hard to judge in a sea of MkVs) ? I dont know much about them, remember hearing one boot up the motorway when they where released and thought it sounded awesome however :D

Cheers, Chris

xring

One of the forum members has a NZ new (3 door) for sale. Would be a better buy than an import (5 door) in my opinion.

I owned a NZ new Mk IV R32 for a while. I personally really like the car. That V6 does make a beautiful noise.
Polo GTI 2013
Bora MkIV V6 4motion - gone
Golf MkIV R32 - gone
Golf MkV GTI DSG - gone
Golf MkIV V6 4motion - gone
Golf MkIV V5 manual - gone
Golf MkV GTI manual- gone
Golf MkIV V5 - gone
Golf MkIII GLI - gone

Jacko

Cheers, is that the silver one on trademe at the moment?

Its a bit beyond what I wanted to spend, Ill go check out the four door tomorrrow and see what it looks like up on a hoist, if its not tidy Ill think about loosening the purse strings a bit...  ::) Whats the members name on here?

Ive done a bit of googling, it looks like the haldex and timing chain are the key things to make sure have been serviced?

Jacko

I like how they drive, sound good too :D

Are the R32 clutches normally very very light? Feels like there is nothing behind it, but not to sure if thats just how they are.

MK4R32

Yes the clutch is very light. Every time I jump back in after driving another car I notice how light it is, after a couple of gear changes you get used to it. :)

2003 Golf .:R32 (His)
2014 Tiguan Tsi (Hers)
2002 Golf 2.0 Wagon (Dogs)

xring

Polo GTI 2013
Bora MkIV V6 4motion - gone
Golf MkIV R32 - gone
Golf MkV GTI DSG - gone
Golf MkIV V6 4motion - gone
Golf MkIV V5 manual - gone
Golf MkV GTI manual- gone
Golf MkIV V5 - gone
Golf MkIII GLI - gone

Jacko

Looks good underneath, no faults logged in ecu scan.

Any thoughts on the price?