Mk1 Cabrio wanted

Started by VAG-GAV, November 30, 2015, 02:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAG-GAV

Anyone know the frequency these things turn up on TM or in particular know any for sale at the moment?

Saw a beautiful one in the city - green with cream leather a couple of weeks back and thought I'd quite like one for summer.

I went and viewed one last week currently advertised on TM but to be fair the roof was toast and the paint would need redoing so prob not willing to pay her asking price.

Really enjoyed the ride - Ive had MK3 VR6, MK4 V5 and most recently MK6 GTI but there is something about the feel of the older models which makes it so much fun....   any advice from the heads is appreciated in advance.

Mitch

They turn up every now and then. Most come on for ridiculous money for what they are. But then others are definitely worth it.

I picked mine up for $900. It ran nice, drove nice, no wof , no reg, crap paint, crap interior, mint dash, rooted roof.

Yet there is a red one in Hamilton currently listed for 3k ish. Last year when i viewed it, it had a massive leak in the boot, footwells. Clutch was toast and it didnt run %100. Repainted roughly too.

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Other times you get less for what you pay.

My advice, make sure it has a good roof, no rust. For me engine and mechanical stuff is cheaper than new roofs or paint.

Good luck on your hunt!

SirTom

You still looking. I'm putting mine up for sale soon. (GTI)

VAG-GAV

Hey man, picked one up from TM in Feb, Paprika red, UK import... would be interested in the finer details of yours though.

SirTom

Sorry about the late reply....

Yeah mine is in good condition. Near new roof and no rust. engine runs well...uses no oil and doesn't smoke. (282,000km)

new wheels and tyres fitted (good years) 6 months ago. Still have the original GTI tarantula wheels.

Car is NZ new.

a few minor issues here and there (crack in driver wing mirror etc). Kept garaged and used on dry weekends.

Mitch

Vag Gav did you buy the one from Hamilton? By the airport? Also Sirtom have you got any images of yours?

VAG-GAV

No mine was Remuera, 50 - 60 year old SA guy, had lots of paper work, he had only put 7000 miles on it in 10 years, new shocks all round, kept in the garage.
Paint could do with a respray to be fair, upwards facing panels have caught the sun more than others but everything else is 100 original down to the blaupunkt tape deck. Fun car - im chuffed and will probably do paint this winter

RS ZWEI

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

vdubdave

Had a look - not too bad, someone's gonna get a good car - at the moment for not much money.

As expected the dealer doesn't know much (thought I'd be polite about it)
It's a mk1 clipper, needs a mirror not a windscreen, I've got a spare roof handle, as for no staining - the drivers seat suggests otherwise.......
82 GTi Cabriolet EG engine
82 GTi Pretender PG engine
03 Supercharged V6 24v 4 Motion