Author Topic: Antenna connection for after market stereo  (Read 662 times)

Offline freakykiwi

Antenna connection for after market stereo
« on: February 20, 2016, 01:30:52 pm »
Hi,
Does anyone have any experience with antenna adapters for a 2007 A3?
I am trying to improve the poor reception from the hack job the stereo installer did by twisting and taping a "normal" antenna plug onto one for the existing connections.
The is a Jap import and had a Clarion Nav system, there's a clarion antenna (diversity?) adapter and 4 antenna feeds (Green twin fakra, brown twin fakra, blue fakra, and white fakra).
Coming out of it is wide flat connector with 4 wires which I guess was originally connected to the Japanese head unit, and a smaller one with two.
The connector of the smaller one was the one modified by the installer to a standard antenna plug so I guess the wider one is for satellite or TV?

Does anyone know what sort of adapter I need to get the best reception and which antenna feed I should be using?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 01:32:49 pm by freakykiwi »
2007 Audi A3 2.0T FSI DSG
HPA Puck (75A), WALK, Whiteline rear bar,  Eibach pro-kit, Bilstein B8 Shocks, Whiteline/Nolathane arm bushings, 18" S3 alloys, SRP downpipe, BSH true seal intake, BSH PCV revamp, Superchips stage 2 ECU tune.

Offline GLIDN

• ##
Re: Antenna connection for after market stereo
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 12:18:40 pm »
in short you need an antenna adaptor/booster

this will change the Fakra to traditional antenna, at the same time providing power to the roof aerial so that it all works as it should.

Top Secret Project
MK3 GTI 16v Tornado Red - under the knife soon
Mk3 12v VR6 Variant
MK6 GTI DSG -  Unitronic K04 | Stage 2 DSG | Tuned by HSP Tuning