2001 Audi RS4 Avus Silver

Started by le mans, March 21, 2016, 02:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyoh

Nice post/thread! I think I have followed you a few times over the bridge!
Been keen to hear a bit more on your experiences/thoughts/opinions on the remaps vs standard.
Overall I am quite happy with standard. I did take a chipped one for a drive when looking to buy and it was a bit all or nothing which I did not like much.
thanks for the thread....
rs4 wagon (B5)

le mans

My first remap was like that - full boost at 50% throttle. Bit silly. The one I have now is progressive. With my car it's a bit hard to do an apples with apples comparison because the lighter flywheel I have changes the way the car picks up too.

But seriously I reckon there are more bad remap files out there than good ones so if you are happy with standard I would stick with that. Rich who mapped my car seems to have been snowed under for a couple of years now. Was doing lots of work it Europe but haven't heard much about him for a while.

le mans

Feb 2018. New shoes: RS5 10-spokes (19x9ET24)

Filx

That looks fantastic! OEM+ done right.
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

tandy

Nice, have been running the same wheels on my RS4 for 2 years now, they really bring the car up to date

le mans

Quote from: tandy on February 03, 2018, 04:43:08 PM
Nice, have been running the same wheels on my RS4 for 2 years now, they really bring the car up to date
Oh cool. Are you running 255s or something wider? I went with 255s (Dunlop sportMaxx RT2) and have about 10mm clearance to the rear arm. Probably could have gotten away with 265s but some tyre brands are wider than others so it's a gamble.

rambo_005

That looks ace. Very tidy.

tandy

Quote from: le mans on February 04, 2018, 11:01:02 AM
Oh cool. Are you running 255s or something wider? I went with 255s (Dunlop sportMaxx RT) and have about 10mm clearance to the rear arm. Probably could have gotten away with 265s but some tyre brands are wider than others so it's a gamble.
265/30 with about 8mm clearance to the rear arm

le mans

Quote from: tandy on February 04, 2018, 06:01:49 PM
265/30 with about 8mm clearance to the rear arm
Good to know, cheers. I'm running 255/30.

Poonmobile

Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

le mans

She had her 20th birthday on 3 Jan   8)

timewarrior

Beautiful car and such a nice list of modifications
94 Golf VR6 Dusty Mauve Pearl
05 Golf GTI Diamond Black Metallic
04 Golf R32 Reflex Silver Metallic

"The more I know, the more I don't pretend to know"

schattenblau

A true classic !

Best looking RS4 imho

;)

le mans

Thanks guys  :)

Latest little update. New door card trims (the alloy is prone to getting dings from seatbelt buckles). I could only source 3/4 but not a bad effort. The RS4 trim was actually in pretty good nick, but these are going in the RS4 and as my A4 Le Mans has the exact same trim the old RS4 trim has been moved to the A4. Removing the trim requires the door cards to be removed so that the trim clips can be released from the back (5 on each front door, 4 on each rear door). It?s a bit finicky but after doing 5 doors I was getting the hang of it! There is a ?how to? on Audizine, however just a caution that you will also need to release the Bowden cable off the door latch to get to all of the clips. I also referred to the factory assembly manual.

You can see the Bowden cable here:

Install complete on left rear door:

Drivers door:

beeker

You were not tempted to go carbon fiber ?
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

le mans

Have always been tempted by CF but RHD CF trim is like rocking horse poo these days. Audi Tradition don?t seem to have it (or any RHD trim for that matter). The CF trim they do have is $$$. Could possibly source used from UK but a fair bit of risk involved. Fortunately I can get my CF fix in the RS2.

slowburn

good to know that the carbon fibre trim is worth something
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

le mans

20+ year old PPF on driver?s side door sill had seen much better days - cracked and yelowed. I?ve been removing it in stages over the past few weeks. Finally got on with it today and finished the job. I used a steam gun and plastic scraper to get the PPF off. For the glue I used Glitz goo and stain remover. Not very fun to do but satisfying none the less.

During:

After: