Author Topic: 2006 B7 RS4 ~ AVUS Silver ~ Ownership diary  (Read 1537 times)

Offline RS ZWEI

• Administrator
  • ####
    • http://www.vask.org.nz
Re: 2006 B7 RS4 ~ AVUS Silver ~ Ownership diary
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2017, 09:34:29 am »
small update, i'll try for some pics later this month IF the weather ever clears up...

Fitted H&R springs, lowered @30-40mm. Only installed these as i had to replace a steering rack bushes and whilst suspension was out it made sense to put in. However, i did have top regal all the DRC units (not cheap) but good preventative maintenance. I was worried it would affect the handling, as straight out of the box the suspension is phenomenal. And i'm pleased to report, it has not changed the handling or composure of the car and plus side is it looks just a little bit tougher a few mm's lower.

I also bit the bullet and did the full month Carbon clean, head off and everything scrubbed out. Car is like brand new, so much more responsive and has deepened the exhaust note and performance is back where it should be! So so stoked, again not a cheap exercise with it costing close to 2.5k. I'll describe the breakdown. Clint and Matt Barber did the work for me and am very please with their service and work. Went the extra mile and held the car for me whilst I was away and picked me up to go get it back. Fully recommend them.

How bad was the carbon buildup Ash?
1995 Audi RS2
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car

Offline Poonmobile

• ##
  • a.k.a Ash
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 01:03:09 pm »
It was pretty caked up, as it hadn't been done by any of the previous owners.
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue pearl, 93 NZ VR6 <Manual> 3dr
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4motion, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, 98 D2 S8 Imola, 99 B5 S4 Avant Imola

Offline coltspeed

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 05:49:27 pm »
Can't wait to see the pics.  What part number are the H&Rs? I found out a little while ago there are H&R race springs and Normal H&R which only gives a slight drop.  At 30-40mm drop I suspect these are race springs