Window goes down but not back up - Any ideas?

Started by Sully, April 26, 2016, 02:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sully

Hey guys, just after a bit of help.

My rear left passenger window goes down with the button but not back up again (window has to be pulled back up). I can hear the motor working when pressing up and down on the button and the window can be pushed down at any time meaning the window isn't locking :(

Anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be?
I appreciate any advice.

Cheers

Pristle

GLIDN

This sounds to me like a MK3 typical problem.
Have you only tried using the button on the door? or have you also tried the button from the centre console in the front?
Do you experience the same issue.

If yes, then as Pristle has kindly pointed out, a new regulator or more likely the motor will need to be swapped out.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

thomas.dq

Pop the door card off the door and have a look if you can see anything obviously wrong in there.

IIRC, there are 3 screws in the handle on the door. Use a small flat head screw driver to pry off the front half of the handle (at the seam), then you can access the screws to pop the door card off.
2020 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
2017 Mitsubishi Outlander
2016 Nissan Leaf

1997 Mk3 Golf VR6
2010 Mk6 Golf GTI

deedub

There is a ridiculous little piece of plastic on the regulator cable clamp thingy that breaks causing this issue. Blocks of wood hold up the window and keep the rain out  :P
1983 T25 Microbus - keep forever, never finish
1988 mk2 Golf 2L 16v - work in progress

Sully

Yea, using the center console has the same effect as using the door control.

Thanks for the advice guys, will open the door up and have a look this weekend. Got a feeling it might be to do with that the piece of plastic on the regulator cable clamp.

Will update with when I have found the issue  :D

thomas.dq

I think I may have used cable ties when the little plastic thing broke on mine   :P
2020 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
2017 Mitsubishi Outlander
2016 Nissan Leaf

1997 Mk3 Golf VR6
2010 Mk6 Golf GTI

Christian

Having the exact same problem, please update me on how you fixed it

JEWDUS

Just picked up one of these, same problem here. Any tips? Gonna have a tinker around and see what happens of it.