New Audi RS3 review

Started by le mans, October 04, 2015, 09:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClubley

Not much of a review. I could have done a much better writeup and better photography. They should lend an RS3 to me next time.
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

schattenblau

Stickman

Doesn't deserve the RS badge IMO.
I like fast toys.

2016 Audi RS6 Performance
2007 Audi RS4

le mans

I like the look of this car but I suspect it would have been a better track car with a tuned 2.0 lump. Fair play to them for putting the 5 pot in there though - it's an epic motor by all accounts. At the end of the day this is not an out and out track beast like the Civic (IMO). I'm sure it's mental on the road - too fast really but who doesn't like the odd squirt with a nice soundtrack? Probably the new TTRS will be a better option for this type of drive, if that's your fix.

Stickman

Honestly, even though it is horribly ugly compared to the RS3...I would go Civic Type R over the RS3 for pointy, squirty fun.
I like fast toys.

2016 Audi RS6 Performance
2007 Audi RS4

koruki

Apparently the Golf R is also faster than the RS3 around a track too lol
2015 Nardo Grey RS6 Facelift
2012 Cayenne S
E46 M3 (Sold sadly)

Audidude

Quote from: Stickman on October 22, 2015, 02:32:49 PM
Honestly, even though it is horribly ugly compared to the RS3...I would go Civic Type R over the RS3 for pointy, squirty fun.

Haven't driven an RS3, but unless it has far more feel (i.e. more than NONE) than the S3 I drove, give me a lighter well sorted 2WD (RWD or FWD) for fun any day.

High power output and straightline acceleration are but two minor components of a car's driver appeal.

'90 Audi ur quattro 20v Tornado Red
'15 VW Amarok Highline 4Motion auto
'99 BMW M5 E39 (For Sale, see TM)
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM K20A - Circuit race car
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM, Championship White
'15 Renault Megane 265 RS, Capsicum Red
'03 Porsche 911 996.2 C2, Black, full leather interior