Early Golfs 75/76 'Swallowtails'

Started by bugn8r, June 11, 2016, 12:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugn8r

Hey guys just thought I'd start a thread to see how many early ones we have in the country.

Currently I know of the red four door up in Auckland and then a white 4 door down around Dunedin (I saw pictures of it at the last Dunedin VW Nationals).

Any more??

dave

Their was a fully rust damned one over in Te kopuru were I got my red mk1 from

RS ZWEI

4 doors were built in NZ so there were quite a few. Most of them have been lost to rust.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

vonripsnorter

Most have gone now unfortunately.
There was a one owner green one that came up forsale in Dunedin a few years back & I kick my self I didn't buy it , it was an NZ assembled 5 door 1975.
And I recently heard of yet another in Dunedin that was part of a deceased estate, but sounds like it fell into the wrong hands ( if you know what I mean )
I heard, it was given to their teenage son who had no appreciation for it . To him it's just an old grandad car he doesn't want and last I heard it was actually scrapped because of what I would think are normal things to have to attend too, for a car that had Been sitting in dry storage for years.
Things like brakes & dry seals that go hard & start to leak . They just saw it as a burden.
Shame really.

So does any one know of some real genuine mint or low KM mk1
I'm sure there must be still some out there.

I had two Mk 1 Golfs, loved them both, but that was many years ago, they were only like 7 years old at the time
First was a 1979 1.5 & later on a 1981 , both 5 door , both German assembled but NZ new, great cars

bugn8r

I have a Miami Blue 76 with 130,000 on the clock. It isn't MINT at all though but is completely original!

spooln

Pictures! Also there was a 4 door metalic green car floating around for a while. Not sure who has it  now.
77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

spooln

77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS