Good source for Bilstein Shocks

Started by freakykiwi, June 14, 2016, 01:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freakykiwi

Hi,
I am looking to replace my rear shocks to get rid of the annoying bounce I get on the motorway.
My mechanic has come back to say that the local Bilstein imported has never stocked shocks for my car and has quoted me $280 each for Koni's.

I can land a pair of Koni yellows for $360 from eurosport.com  i'ddrathe go for bilstein B8s but haven't been able to find them anywhere with reasonable shipping costs.

Where has anyone else sourced shocks for their A3?
2007 Audi A3 2.0T FSI DSG
HPA Puck (75A), WALK, Whiteline rear bar,  Eibach pro-kit, Bilstein B8 Shocks, Whiteline/Nolathane arm bushings, 18" S3 alloys, SRP downpipe, BSH true seal intake, BSH PCV revamp, Superchips stage 2 ECU tune.

ranton-inc

davestokes

I recently bought a Bilstein B12 spring and shock kit for my A3 from this seller on eBay Germany. Their pricing was hundreds of dollars cheaper than any of the UK based sellers and shipping was only 40 euros for the whole kit which arrived within a week.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/automotive-direct-24/m.html

Really impressive service. They have a top feedback rating and I'd highly recommend them.

freakykiwi

Thanks, 
Those are great prices but unfortunately they don't have the shocks listed seperately,  I already have the eibach springs.  I'll contact the seller to see if he can sort me out.

Have you fitted them yet and if so how have you found them?
A lot of people seem to think that they are too firm.
HPA Puck (75A), WALK, Whiteline rear bar,  Eibach pro-kit, Bilstein B8 Shocks, Whiteline/Nolathane arm bushings, 18" S3 alloys, SRP downpipe, BSH true seal intake, BSH PCV revamp, Superchips stage 2 ECU tune.

davestokes

I've had them on for about 2000km and they're great. You may be thinking of the Sportline model which are a bit lower and known to be quite firm. Mine is the Pro-kit which has a more conservative drop. I put up some pics the other day:

http://www.vask.org.nz/index.php?topic=5761.90

freakykiwi

Thanks,
Yes I already have the Eibach pro-kit springs fitted with stock shocks so my ride height is the same.
If you have found the combination with the Bilstein shocks comfortable enough then i'll for for this, this is my daily driver and I don't want to ruin the ride.

The Ebay seller has already come back asking me to confirm the front strut size which i'm fairly certain will be 55mm but will measure to be sure.

freakykiwi

I never heard back from the Ebay seller so have ordered and already received a pair of B8 rear shocks from Demon Tweaks.
A number of forums are suggesting the softer MK6 shocks as a better choice but I couldn't find anywhere that had them listed for a good price and would ship to NZ so went with the MK5 instead which is the model listed for my car anyway.

I'll get these installed and if they aren't too harsh I'll look to grab a pair for the front soon too. 
Strangely though I need to select my car as a Golf on Demon Tweaks to get the 55mm front shock as only the 50mm comes up for the A3

Thanks all