Anyone wrecking a cabrio?

Started by VolksAdam, July 05, 2016, 07:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VolksAdam

Hi, I'm looking for some parts for a mk1 cabriolet on behalf of a guy I work with.
So does anybody know someone who is wrecking one or where the best place to buy mk1 parts is?
We are in Auckland
Current:
'97 VW Golf GTI 16V - Standard
'94 BMW 318i

Previous:
'90 Mitsubishi L300 - Lowered on GTSTs, Rust, Couch.

vdubdave

I'm in Auckland and can direct you to many places for parts depending upon what you're looking for...

I've got a both a tin top and a hard top (currently being rebuilt bit by bit in my garage) so have almost 2 cars under the house.... I may have what he's looking for....
82 GTi Cabriolet EG engine
82 GTi Pretender PG engine
03 Supercharged V6 24v 4 Motion

VolksAdam

That sounds great. We are looking for an original steering wheel, a few small interior trim bits and pieces. Most important thing that we must get is some seat material or perhaps a complete seat. Light grey with white dashes through it. Thanks
Current:
'94 BMW 318i

Previous:

vdubdave

Got the steering wheel,
May have trim pieces
Had my seats recovered in leather - don't know where you'd get a match for yours. GTi fabric available from the UK (vw heritage)
Are you familiar with either vagcat or partscatalog - both of these give full assembly drawings of the car so you can find the part numbers of the bits you're looking for. Often just using vw followed by the part number finds you what you want on eBay...
PM or email me to arrange to meet/see the steering wheel etc.

VolksAdam

That's great. Thanks for your help. Have you had experience from ordering parts from the UK or Germany? A material sample came with the car but it is too dark, probably because the seats have faded, so ideally we are looking for an old seat with the same material.
I will pm you once I've talked with my colleague
Current:
'94 BMW 318i

Previous:

VAG-GAV

Cloth can be ordered from Westtrading.nl - but they will absolutely not speak to or give info to end users... you have to be an upholsterer for them to give you information.

If yours is the same as mine I think the code is : VOLK12563 for that cloth - the lighter version.

Im getting a respray on my Cabrio this winter and will do cloth afterwards so would be keen for a bulk order as save on postage and could probably split costs of the cloth rather than having to order extra if we were to go to same upholsterer - I've found one on the shore I'm likely to go to.
Can PM me if you wish.

The Riddler

Quote from: VolksAdam on July 05, 2016, 08:58:14 PM
That sounds great. We are looking for an original steering wheel, a few small interior trim bits and pieces. Most important thing that we must get is some seat material or perhaps a complete seat. Light grey with white dashes through it. Thanks

Did your friend  buy the car from Mornay in Pukekohe ?  rego was ARNO that he put on it.
If you did , I sold it to him with the original light grey seat material, and brand new roof to be fitted.
The  seats are faded, but the material was the original VW material from Holland.
1989 GTI 16V 3dr - Tornado Red
NZ new with FSH

vdubdave

Probably fixable for not too much...

Depends on how bad the chassis rail under the battery has been bent.

I've got a headlight and grille .....

spooln

Do you have the bases to mount the front seats?
77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

vdubdave

I was going to say I'm not sure what you mean ....
But then realised that's a bit irrelevant - I haven't got any spare seat parts... Only have bits I've taken replaced/upgraded on my pair ....