suspension shop in Auckland

Started by slowburn, July 21, 2016, 07:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowburn

this is a long shot,but I am in Auckland tomorrow and I was wanting to know if any Auckland members have a hot tip on suspension place up there that can do the right rear geometry in my lower A arm so the camber is matching the left side at the rear,it is only slightly different but it keeps rubbing on corners.....long story.but yeah,if someone could match the set up to the left side we'd be good. no one in Welly can get it to work right,it would be awesome to get rid of this irritation once and for all....cheers
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

ranton-inc

Autolign but you may need to call them now to book in..

most shops just look at audis and straight out say CBF, mainly because the suspension setup in the ass is overly complicated..

RS ZWEI

Quote from: slowburn on July 21, 2016, 07:51:39 AM
this is a long shot,but I am in Auckland tomorrow and I was wanting to know if any Auckland members have a hot tip on suspension place up there that can do the right rear geometry in my lower A arm so the camber is matching the left side at the rear,it is only slightly different but it keeps rubbing on corners.....long story.but yeah,if someone could match the set up to the left side we'd be good. no one in Welly can get it to work right,it would be awesome to get rid of this irritation once and for all....cheers

Are you sure something isn't bent?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

00quattro00

Quote from: ranton-inc on July 21, 2016, 12:07:50 PM
Autolign but you may need to call them now to book in..

most shops just look at audis and straight out say CBF, mainly because the suspension setup in the ass is overly complicated..

You couldn't get any more simple than McPherson all round
Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

ranton-inc

Quote from: 00quattro00 on July 21, 2016, 12:41:36 PM
You couldn't get any more simple than McPherson all round

tell that to lazy wheel alignment pricks

robh

Shock shop, Penrose, owned/run by Anthony.  Top fella.
Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

VW'n

If you cant get it sorted in auckland Surely some one in Wellington can sort this for you.
Is there any one local who does race car prep etc you could ask them who they use.
It's a case of finding someone with the skills who's willing to put the time in and making sure they relise that your happy to pay for that time.
06 B6 Passat Wagon 2L Turbo (Family Wagon)
87 Mk2 Golf silver (the toy)
95 mk3 gti rusty ABF (Sold)
86 Mk2 Golf red (sold)
89 Mk2 Golf blue (sold)
85 Mk2 Golf GTI silver (parted)

slowburn

auto align were too busy ,i'll hit up the welly branch and see if they have any advice....yeah,def just want it done and done right,it costs what it costs
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon