476hp 86 urq in NZ???

Started by ja, February 16, 2005, 08:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ja

Don't ask me how I got to this site - some of the cars (never mind the comments) made me weep for humanity.

Anyway I was quite surprised to see this:

http://www.ratemyride.co.nz/?id=10713

"1986 Audi Quattro Sport Coupe, 5 cyl, Factory modified computor,Group B new cylinder head, cams and turbo, 476 h.p., low 11 second standing quarter, lowered 3 inches with factory adjustable front/rear and upper/lower control arms, 3 degrees negative camber F/R, genuine factory 150 miles an hour supercar"

That is a damn quick car if you believe the specs. (which you would want to take with a grain of salt i suspect)

Anyone know this car?

Lunar7

About a foot to long to be a sport Quattro ???????

orggti

So its not got a special head and cams an stuff? is he straight out lying?  if you had a special head and cams and a much bigger turbo could you get 475hp out of a 10v without doing the block as well?

It does look nice anyway apart from the plate!!

SimonS2

I'm no UR expert, but to disect his description a little (I'm bored at work again)...

1986 Audi Quattro Sport Coupe [This is not a Sport, it's a 10V Coupe] , 5 cyl, Factory modified computor [is it factory or is it modified, make up your mind!],Group B new cylinder head [seriously doubt how/why you'd put a Group B head on a steel block], cams and turbo [possibly true: the car will have 2 cams and maybe even a turbo!], 476 h.p. [don't even go there], low 11 second standing quarter [quarter inch perhaps?], lowered 3 inches with factory adjustable front/rear and upper/lower control arms [yes I guess the factory could adjust the suspension when they designed/built the car], 3 degrees negative camber F/R, genuine factory 150 miles an hour supercar [yes, that would describe a Sports Coupe, but this isn't one]

Period_Correct_

is the 10V a K-jet engine? do they have computers?
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

wilco

So if the guy painted the steel sump silver to make it look like an alloy one, would he got more hp??
Apparently if you paint calipers red they work better too.? ?;D ;D ;D

Maybe the guy is welsh so his horses are smaller than anyone elses...?

bsting

ja

Quote from: SimonS2 on February 17, 2005, 10:19:32 AM
I'm no UR expert, but to disect his description a little (I'm bored at work again)...

1986 Audi Quattro Sport Coupe [This is not a Sport, it's a 10V Coupe] , 5 cyl, Factory modified computor [is it factory or is it modified, make up your mind!],Group B new cylinder head [seriously doubt how/why you'd put a Group B head on a steel block], cams and turbo [possibly true: the car will have 2 cams and maybe even a turbo!], 476 h.p. [don't even go there], low 11 second standing quarter [quarter inch perhaps?], lowered 3 inches with factory adjustable front/rear and upper/lower control arms [yes I guess the factory could adjust the suspension when they designed/built the car], 3 degrees negative camber F/R, genuine factory 150 miles an hour supercar [yes, that would describe a Sports Coupe, but this isn't one]

I was thinking along the same lines with my original post but didn't want to be dismissive/rude in case the guy was a VASKer!

RS ZWEI

How about a pic of your car Ja?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

ja

I haven't got any digital shots of it. I will borrow someones digital camera soonish...

orggti

Yes i was going to say the 10v has only one cam. And what a tosser this guy is thinking all that crape! i mean Rex's 20v is fairly modifyed and he says its only 300hp so 175 more is a huge leap (i dont mean "only" 300 ive been in it and it lunges forward pinning you in the seat, its fantastic).

Mike

He's got a nice-looking car, why the need to exaggerate? Mind you I wouldn't be seen dead in it with that number plate.

Someone in the UK has got a 360bhp 10v WR Ur-q, which has a Lumenition fully-mapped ECU (the K-Jet has been binned totally) and a water injection system (or spray - can't remember) with a water tank in the boot. Dialynx did it, and mapped it on the rolling road.

I don't know about the 3 degrees neg camber either. The factory settings are much less than that from memory (1 degree maybe?). I'd expect it would be quite twitchy set up like that, in between tyre changes cos the inside edges are getting chewed out all the time.

Troy

Hi Guys, Troy here, The car you are discussing belongs to my dad. I put the ad in TM and also Ratemyride. I am so embarrassed because I completely cocked up. His car has just under 300 hp. not 475 or what ever I said about two years ago in rate my ride. I was only 14 years old when I wrote that and dad didnt even know. He was dog jaw when he found out! (I got a clip for it). He has a mate in Germany who ran the works rally team for Audi. His name is Roland Gumpert (or similar) Dad broke a cam and buggered the head so Roland sent him out a brand new head from the motorsport division. (although it is only a 10 valve) The cam has some sport grind and it runs a lot higher boost now. He ran it on a dyno and it had 297hp (or around that figure at the wheels). I am really sorry that I have caused any crapty chat towards him as he doesnt even know about it. The suspension has fully adjustable camber/caster which Roland sent out. He has a set of Pirelli development tyres for it when he takes it on the rally. He has 14 cars in all and is a collector. He drives the pace car fopr the Aussie V8s when they are here. He took me and his girlfriend for a ride in the V8 Audi 2 years back. He has been racing since 1979 and is currently the 1600cc Endurance Champion and looks like repeating it agian at manfield in two weeks. So he really isnt the wanker...I am  ( I'm sad to say and I feel like a class A Jerk) So I am sorry to all you Audi guys. Thank you. Troy.

Troy

Hi Troy again. I have told the old man that I sent this apology and he is quite inquisitive abour site. He says if any of your club? needs ahand with any thing yell out. Also of interest Stig B is married to his past sponsors daughter and lives here in NZ.  Dad has got quite a few spare bits and pieces from Stigs Grp B rally car along with a fiull set of decals, Titanium spot light holders etc,  (I think he's going to give them to Malc Stewart? Group B Quattro down the line.) And as for a newsflash that will raise a few eyebrows...he is negotiating to buy a short wheel base Quattro from England. Is that called A2? ( Idont know that side. But what I do know is he hunted high and low for that Audi he has now. I think you would have to bury him in it!!) Mum said to him one day..it's me or that bloody car (Audi) so he just said ...I'm gunna miss ya! Havnt seen her since. well enuff from me and I just want to say that I feel a heap better now and thanks for the opportunity of putting things right. Troy.

beeker

Quote from: Troy on June 02, 2005, 01:37:31 AM
Hi Troy again. I have told the old man that I sent this apology and he is quite inquisitive abour site. He says if any of your club? needs ahand with any thing yell out. Also of interest Stig B is married to his past sponsors daughter and lives here in NZ.? Dad has got quite a few spare bits and pieces from Stigs Grp B rally car along with a fiull set of decals, Titanium spot light holders etc,? (I think he's going to give them to Malc Stewart? Group B Quattro down the line.) And as for a newsflash that will raise a few eyebrows...he is negotiating to buy a short wheel base Quattro from England. Is that called A2? ( Idont know that side. But what I do know is he hunted high and low for that Audi he has now. I think you would have to bury him in it!!) Mum said to him one day..it's me or that bloody car (Audi) so he just said ...I'm gunna miss ya! Havnt seen her since. well enuff from me and I just want to say that I feel a heap better now and thanks for the opportunity of putting things right. Troy.

i'm sure all is forgiven !
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

OOOO

2014 Audi A8 4.2TDI
2013 VW Golf 2.0TDI
2009 Audi A3 quattro

RS ZWEI

Welcome Troy.

How about getting your father to join up to the forum, he sounds like an interesting bloke.

Also, Im planning a VASK track day in Taupo, ask him if he would be interested in bringing the ur down?

BTW, what do you drive?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

rambo_005

A cool photo...

[attachment deleted by admin]

SimonS2

Nice to clear that up, cheers Troy.

Dad has got quite a few spare bits and pieces from Stigs Grp B rally car along with a fiull set of decals, Titanium spot light holders etc,? (I think he's going to give them to Malc Stewart? Group B Quattro down the line.)
There may be one or two people on this forum interested in any left over bits.

And as for a newsflash that will raise a few eyebrows...he is negotiating to buy a short wheel base Quattro from England. Is that called A2?
That would be a "Sports Quattro" or "S1". Legit ones are extremely rare.