Bluetooth Audio for a 2g Symphony II

Started by coleadve, September 09, 2016, 01:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coleadve

I have a B8 8K A4 (2010).  It's got bluetooth, but voice only - how quaint.

Looking at bluetooth options using the AMI cable in the glovebox.  I understand that there are power issues with bluetooth adapters and the AMI cable on these radios.  Has anyone tried a Viseeo Tune2Air with this radio?  Or do you just put up with physically connecting a device or using the 3.5mm port?

coleadve

Has nobody added bluetooth to one of these cars?  How to you music then?

le mans

I put 'xcarlink' in our B5s. With the bluetooth add-on you can stream music over Bluetooth. They do offer a version for newer Audis too, such as the B8.

coleadve

That's the UK site?  There was another one that looked very bare talking about shenzen.

I see xcarlink.co.uk also sell the Tune2Air, so I've asked them about that since I've got the AMI connection.

So you got the USB box with the A2dp adapter - http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=11&cat=4&page=1?

Did your car not any any bluetooth built in as this seems to also do the bt voice aspect.

le mans

Yes I got it from the UK supplier. I got the iPod with Bluetooth version applicable to B5. Yeah B5 factory radios definitely had no Bluetooth at all!

slowmo

Quote from: coleadve on September 09, 2016, 01:05:06 PM
I have a B8 8K A4 (2010).  It's got bluetooth, but voice only - how quaint.

Looking at bluetooth options using the AMI cable in the glovebox.  I understand that there are power issues with bluetooth adapters and the AMI cable on these radios.  Has anyone tried a Viseeo Tune2Air with this radio?  Or do you just put up with physically connecting a device or using the 3.5mm port?

If it is similar to the VW system, surely you can upgrade the separate BT module that's installed to the newer version that supports BT phone and BT audio streaming. Unless the BT module is part of the audi radio?

I have a similar gripe with my 2010 GTI. In the end I just upgraded my MDI cable so that it can support iphone lightning cable. At least it charges the phone while it is plugged in and I can use the steering wheel controls to drive the iphone.

Only issue is that it only works with the iphone 4 and 5 and not the 6. Stupid.
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

coleadve

Quote from: slowmo on September 29, 2016, 01:24:03 PM
If it is similar to the VW system, surely you can upgrade the separate BT module that's installed to the newer version that supports BT phone and BT audio streaming. Unless the BT module is part of the audi radio?

The voice part of the BT is part of the factory radio - doubt you can change it...and if having to do it factory - holy crap it's probably the cost of a new car.

Quote from: slowmo on September 29, 2016, 01:24:03 PM
I have a similar gripe with my 2010 GTI. In the end I just upgraded my MDI cable so that it can support iphone lightning cable. At least it charges the phone while it is plugged in and I can use the steering wheel controls to drive the iphone.

Only issue is that it only works with the iphone 4 and 5 and not the 6. Stupid.

Yeah I've got that as well, but the AMI cable for me is in the glovebox...meaning either phone stays in there, or jury rig something to get it out.  And also no iphone 6 (not a problem yet).  BT is just easier...

I'll see if I can get one of these AMI connected bluetooth solutions working.  Either the tune2air, or http://a2dp4audi.com/index.html