A3 Sourcing Interior Parts

Started by insane, September 27, 2016, 07:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

insane

Hey Guys,

Looking to replace these triangle parts which have been scuffed really badly, almost like the previous owner let a dog chew them. They are a two part thing so the outer side can be unscrewed and be replaced.

Does anyone know what they are called and where I can get them from? Am I best to try a wrecker?

Did find http://www.ebay.com/itm/WHITE-STITCH-2X-FULL-CENTER-CONSOLE-TRIANGLE-SKIN-COVERS-FITS-AUDI-A3-8P-03-12-/231461275093?hash=item35e42ac5d5:g:JakAAOSwxYxUwneP&vxp=mtr but I don't want to have to glue things on...

Thanks

JPK

EBay UK is the best ive found. Use Youshops UK address if they dont ship overseas.

Those are called the 'C Frames' or 'Grab Handles' by the way. Those stick on leather covers would most likely not look the best, but Iwould be keen to check them out if you end up ordering them.
A3 8P Sportback 2.0T DSG
- Progress Diary -

insane

Quote from: JPK on September 28, 2016, 03:30:47 PM
EBay UK is the best ive found. Use Youshops UK address if they dont ship overseas.

Those are called the 'C Frames' or 'Grab Handles' by the way. Those stick on leather covers would most likely not look the best, but Iwould be keen to check them out if you end up ordering them.

Yeah after much googling last night I came across the part numbers 8P0880491B and 8P0880492B (left and right). ECS had new 'grab handles' for ~120US each, so picked up those leather covers so will post up a pic once I get them on (20 days or so for delivery). Ebay had many 2nd hand ones for sale, but most were in equal or worse condition to mine.

GLIDN

I was going to recommend talking with JPK.
As he has the most OEM/OEM+ modified audi A3, that I'm aware of at least

Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

insane

Thought I'd post an update.

I did receive the leather covers from the ebay dealer... however the two I received weren't a matching pair. One of them was fine, the other clearly had totally different colour stitching and wasn't even the right shape to properly fit the grab handle, so that was a bit of a failed exercise.

With enough glue and sharp enough knife I may have been able to make the correctly fitting one work, but not the second, so I went out today and bought a can of plastic wrap spray and have done the first coat..

If this doesn't work well I'll just put up with it and buy the replacements before I sell the car.

insane

So another update for anyone needing to do the same one day. Did about 4 or 5 coats of Plasti Dip in the end, slightly put too much down which caused some irregularities in the finish, but its hardly noticeable unless you're looking for them. The darker colour goes better with the rest of the interior so overall I'm very happy.