Author Topic: Nav and Radio jap to nz  (Read 2056 times)

Offline byront8

Re: Nav and Radio jap to nz
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 04:20:40 pm »
Hi are you able to supply a link to the software or where you got it from.

For maps? Or firmware? Which version of MMI do you have?

2G is a new DVD
3G is a SD card and the files are over 20gb in size
3G+ presents its own problems, some units are Japanese made and if you update the map or firmware - you will brick the machine ($3k to buy a new one), typically i keep a unit spare for people to put into their cars and i take their unit and prepare it for the next person (like a core swap).

Offline tonyng

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 11:14:56 pm »
Hi guys,

I recently bought a Jap import 2008 A4 3.2 - I had a look online and check against the MMI and looks like I have the 2G version.

The center console shows that it has TEL but when I press it it said "phone not connected properly" - and there's also a cord in the hand rest - does this mean it is not bluetooth capable? Also do you know where I can get a software update to the latest version?

Thanks for the help

Offline byront8

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2017, 07:18:59 am »
Hi guys,

I recently bought a Jap import 2008 A4 3.2 - I had a look online and check against the MMI and looks like I have the 2G version.

The center console shows that it has TEL but when I press it it said "phone not connected properly" - and there's also a cord in the hand rest - does this mean it is not bluetooth capable? Also do you know where I can get a software update to the latest version?

Thanks for the help

2G telephone prep like that requires the Audi phone to be installed in the centre console, you probably don't have the bluetooth module.

If you try to just upgrade the Jap MMI control head, you will brick the unit - it works in a totally different way to the US/ROW versions. They only way to convert properly from Jap to NZ is;
Change radio unit from Jap to EU
Change Nav unit from Jap to EU and use new Aus/NZ maps DVD
Change MMI control head from Jap to NZ
Use firmware discs to get you to the new version
Component protection removal via VAS5054 and someone connect to the GEKO server in Ingolstadt

I can help you find these parts and i also do conversions, but i am based in CHCH, only fly to AKL once a month or so. Typically charge $500 for the whole thing, parts can be sourced from eBay for $200.

PM me if you want any more info

Offline wez130

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2017, 09:16:51 am »
Hi byront8, do you do other systems, like the RNS510 out of a 2010 Passat CC?

Thanks

Offline byront8

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 11:29:59 am »
Hi byront8, do you do other systems, like the RNS510 out of a 2010 Passat CC?

Thanks

JAP Hardware is very different to EU/ROW hardware. Best bet is to source an EU RNS510 and implant this into your car.

From what i remember from installing these in the UK, there is no component protection on these units.

This is your best bet: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-RNS-510-DYNAUDIO-/282693292034?epid=79599571&hash=item41d1d55002:g:jJkAAOSwmhJZrlpg