Mk1 Scirocco parts required

Started by wolfgang, October 21, 2016, 08:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfgang

Hi there

I am after a left front indicator and a right rear taillight/indicator lens for a 1980 MK1 Scirocco.

Just wondering if anybody has some for sale before I import them from europe.

I also need a new radiator for a MK2 Scirocco and like to know were the best place is to buy them.

Cheers Wolfgang
1985 Audi urquattro
1980 VW Scirocco S
1987 VW Scirocco Scala
1967 Dodge Coronet
1984 Chevy Corvette

dave

lane has a set off tailights i believe

wolfgang

I know it may be a long shot but has anybody got any MK1 interior parts still lying around that they would be happy to sell, (found lights and indicators).

Mine is in a sad state after 36 years in the california sun, especially the dashboard, door handles, parcel shelf.

On the positive note, the metal is in great shape, I found one single small rust hole on the rear guard under some old trim.
1985 Audi urquattro
1980 VW Scirocco S
1987 VW Scirocco Scala
1967 Dodge Coronet
1984 Chevy Corvette

dave

I have some interior parts. You won't find a good dash you will have to get yours restored.

Send me a list off stuff you need and I'll have a look

wolfgang

Great thanks.

I will make a list and take a couple of photos tomorrow.
1985 Audi urquattro
1980 VW Scirocco S
1987 VW Scirocco Scala
1967 Dodge Coronet
1984 Chevy Corvette

spooln

Dashboard restorations is your best option. Build pics please.
77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

vdubdave

If it's US I'm guessing LHD?

Then you want Dave's blue dash... I have a couple of bits of it (knee bar etc) so reuniting them may be your best bet..... Then you'll need to recover or get the vinyl dyed...

Grant at GT Refinishers has done a good job paint in bits for me for mt brown dash (so that the plastic is all the same shade)....
82 GTi Cabriolet EG engine
82 GTi Pretender PG engine
03 Supercharged V6 24v 4 Motion

dave

Sciroccos have different dashs to golfs so that blue one won't be correct. But he could make it work if he likes the s2 style dash

wolfgang

Hi Dave
I have had a good look at the Scirocco today and the interior bits I am after are door handles, mirror adjustment knob, window winder and the little storage/speaker bins.

In addition I could do with a right side external mirror and the sunvisor holders/clips and dash vents. If you got any bits please  let me know and I'll be in touch.

I will either get the dash restored or I will try to find one when I go to Germany in June next year. 

This can wait for now, as I first tackle the worn out paint and the doggy wiring.

I will post a few snaps once I get going.

Cheers
1985 Audi urquattro
1980 VW Scirocco S
1987 VW Scirocco Scala
1967 Dodge Coronet
1984 Chevy Corvette

dave

I have door handles window wonders and mirror adjustment knob. Are your speaker bins in your doorcards

wolfgang

Yes they are, they look like the blue ones you advertised a while ago.

My cars interior is brown but I guess I could always vinyl paint them. 
1985 Audi urquattro
1980 VW Scirocco S
1987 VW Scirocco Scala
1967 Dodge Coronet
1984 Chevy Corvette

dave

I'm 90% I have a pair off brown handles. I have some black speakers/ door pods

wolfgang

That would be great.

I am going on holiday today and will get in touch with you after the 9th, when I am back.
1985 Audi urquattro
1980 VW Scirocco S
1987 VW Scirocco Scala
1967 Dodge Coronet
1984 Chevy Corvette

wolfgang

Dave

This is the seat I got spare.

Got a small rip and doesn't fold forward cause the cable had it but the height adjustment works well.

1985 Audi urquattro
1980 VW Scirocco S
1987 VW Scirocco Scala
1967 Dodge Coronet
1984 Chevy Corvette

spooln

77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

wolfgang

Ooops, I have been a bit slack but its been a busy time with quitting work and getting into a new business and i have rearranged my car collection as well.

The Mk1 is making slow progress and the body is in primer, i sorted the fuel injection and got the car runing but the wiring is a mess and needs lots doing. I have found nice euro bumpers, grill and lenses.

The seats have been upholstered by friends and i restored the dashboard that looked like weetbix.

I have been concentrating on getting my Mk2 Scirocco back on the road first and that car is freshly painted and almost ready to go.

Just a bit more assembly and some carb issues to sort and I have been busy fiddling with my quattro.

1985 Audi urquattro
1980 VW Scirocco S
1987 VW Scirocco Scala
1967 Dodge Coronet
1984 Chevy Corvette

wolfgang

More photos
1985 Audi urquattro
1980 VW Scirocco S
1987 VW Scirocco Scala
1967 Dodge Coronet
1984 Chevy Corvette

wolfgang

And a couple more
1985 Audi urquattro
1980 VW Scirocco S
1987 VW Scirocco Scala
1967 Dodge Coronet
1984 Chevy Corvette

Gti Josh

Great work!

I can't help but notice you had your seats retrimmed in the gti red striped material. Don't suppose you have any of the fabric left over? Enough for 1 seat pad and back?

Thanks
Past:                          Present:
2008 Golf TDI                 1982 Golf Gti ABF
2000 6n2 Polo
1987 Golf GTI 16v
1985 Golf GTI 8v
1988 caddy 1.6 petrol

wolfgang

Sorry but i haven't got enough to do that.

I brought the material back from germany last year and the company website is werk34.de

They have a good selection of seat cloth and i thought they were not badly priced. 
1985 Audi urquattro
1980 VW Scirocco S
1987 VW Scirocco Scala
1967 Dodge Coronet
1984 Chevy Corvette