S3 8P mods

Started by djrisk, October 30, 2016, 11:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djrisk

So the mrs just bought an 07 S3 2 door manual. Is there anything engine wise that should be modded cause the factory stuff cant cope eg: the turbo intake pipe on the 1.8T, replacement dv etc?
Other than the obvious ECU remap, where are the easiest performance gains made on these engines? Not looking to spend heaps. Cheers
Him - Amarok highline
Her - S3 8P

JPK

1. Check DV, replace if needed
2. Check/replace high pressure fuel pump cam follower
3. Its always good to do a full service and freshen everything up with new spark plugs, air filter and coil packs etc before embarking on performance mods

From memory you had an 8L S3 a while back? I think you would be impressed with a Stage 1 ECU remap. Takes you to around 300hp.
After that it gets expensive and you will most likely have to replace your clutch with something a bit stronger.

GLIDN/Hennie can do all of the above. Would recommend him.
A3 8P Sportback 2.0T DSG
- Progress Diary -

djrisk

Awesome thanks. Yeah will be doing the service work etc first before adding parts.
Him - Amarok highline
Her - S3 8P

DAPPR

Quote from: JPK on October 30, 2016, 06:48:01 PM
1. Check DV, replace if needed
2. Check/replace high pressure fuel pump cam follower
3. Its always good to do a full service and freshen everything up with new spark plugs, air filter and coil packs etc before embarking on performance mods

From memory you had an 8L S3 a while back? I think you would be impressed with a Stage 1 ECU remap. Takes you to around 300hp.
After that it gets expensive and you will most likely have to replace your clutch with something a bit stronger.

GLIDN/Hennie can do all of the above. Would recommend him.
Sums it up perfectly.

Depending on your budget you could also look at the PCV + hoses or possibly lower control arm bushes - new ones make a bigger difference then you'd think.

heylinb4nz

Id add a K&N panel filter to the list for a bit more airflow, and also a MAF clean (easy enough to pop out and spray).

Who you using for your tuning ?

djrisk

No idea yet. Ill let her enjoy it a bit first before tuning it.
Him - Amarok highline
Her - S3 8P

GLIDN

Quote from: heylinb4nz on November 02, 2016, 10:58:03 AM
Id add a K&N panel filter to the list for a bit more airflow, and also a MAF clean (easy enough to pop out and spray).

Who you using for your tuning ?

Worse idea ever, sorry. (done enough data logging to base my facts with)
the oil coats the Airflow sensor providing incorrect Airflow measurements. These cars are exceptionally crucial to their airflow measurements

Tom, shoot me a PM. I'll happily go over the car with you. In regards to what serviceables and replacement parts are required. Prior to any further work is performed. I'll be ironically installing a full turbo back BCS Powervalve Exhaust and ECU + DSG tune on a 8P S3 in a couple days. Followed up with another S3 in a few weeks also.

Very nice car to have as a starting point indeed.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

davestokes

Agree with GLIDN re panel filter, I screwed up the MAF on my 3.2 within weeks of doing this

hagan

Quote from: GLIDN on November 06, 2016, 12:06:40 AM
I'll be ironically installing a full turbo back BCS Powervalve Exhaust and ECU + DSG tune on a 8P S3 in a couple days

Also interested to see this...
Swaps for an S2K?

djrisk

Him - Amarok highline
Her - S3 8P

brendy412

Hey GLIDN

What air filter do you recommend, stock or another type of aftermarket?

I have a K & N on my Stage 2 RS4 and it definitely goes better whenever I clean the MAF. 

Been in there for a couple of years but I've never re-oiled it

Cheers
2001 Audi RS4.  Milltek Cat-back, 034 downpipes, Wagner SMIC, Bosch 044, Revo Stage 2, Bilstiein B12, Whiteline ARB, B7 front calipers, AP Racing rotors.
Mk5 GTI Golf.
Mk6 Golf R

GLIDN

Quote from: brendy412 on December 03, 2016, 08:27:00 PM
Hey GLIDN

What air filter do you recommend, stock or another type of aftermarket?

I have a K & N on my Stage 2 RS4 and it definitely goes better whenever I clean the MAF. 

Been in there for a couple of years but I've never re-oiled it

Cheers

Each car is slightly different on what intakes work or work well.

I personally will not use any K&N product or recommend.  Specifically in the VAG cars. Unless the car is MAFLESS.

Will look next week on my data sheets which intakes work on the RS4.

GLIDN

Tom - here is the exhaust I mentioned.

Not_Sean

Friend back home ran DP+exhaust, Inducton and REVO tune didn't affect the general enjoyment and was great fun on the track, the software just brought it that little bit more alive.

Otherwise there are some seriously clued up guys on here. Looks like you in good hands mate
2004 A3 2.0 FSI