Audi A3 2.0Tfsi 2008 - Strange Noise under acceleration

Started by Frog, December 27, 2016, 04:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frog

Hi All,

New to this group and thought this may be good place to get an opinion before i send the car off to Audi incase anyone has experienced this.

First a bit about the car,

2008 Audi A3 Sline 2.0Tfsi
Cold Air Intake mod
Miltek Exhaust
Blitz Adjustable suspension
245/40/17 Semi Slicks

Basically whats occurring is that once the vehicle is under load, a strange (almost pre set) develops from the engine bay almost directly in front of the steering wheel.
Click the Youtube link to see what it sounds like, have to listen carefully.
https://youtu.be/coQymne6EZo

Any help in advance will be appreciated :)
Cheers
Josh

The Red Warrior

I'm assuming there's no warning lights on dash.
How long have the exhaust and intake been on for? Is it possible one or the other (especially the intake based on where you say the noise is coming from) has become a bit loose?
You say it happens under load, but is it always the same gear or same rpm?
Is the car still running well or does it feel down on power?

You've got a pm too.

Well, I've tried sending you a pm but not sure if it's working

Frog

Both have been on since i bought the car, noise has developed over time.

I feel that the power does decrease when the noise occurs however this could be me wanting give it a little less Jandal due to fear of pistons dancing on the bonnet

GLIDN

It's not the easiest to hear over a video

Happy to take a look if you are on the north shore?
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

insane

I had threr things which made very similar sounds on mine.

1. Take a look at the black plastic tube that covers the fuel lines running down the left side of the engine just below the coolant water tank, on my car the mount at the top snapped leaving it to rattle against a metal pipe along the side of the engine - few cable ties and some adhesive cable tie mounts along the plastic cover did the job.

2. The bonnet - few tweaks of the rubber stoppers under the bonnet will sort that one out

3. (may not apply to you) - The mounts on the first part of the intake up against the radiator snapped on mine leaving that to rattle a little - apparently my rear engine mount is a little worn which causes the engine to pull it off when it rotates a bit more than it should on acceleration.