Author Topic: Left hand foot brace fo ur quattro  (Read 366 times)

Offline snowtyres

• 1990 urq RR, 1995 S2 Coupe
    • roof carrier systems
Left hand foot brace fo ur quattro
« on: December 29, 2016, 05:09:14 pm »

Images show the left hand foot brace fitted to our ur quattro 20V

The most cost effective performance/handling improvement you can add to any ur quattro is a left foot brace on the transmission tunnel next to the clutch pedal.
This is essential when the quattro is equipped with ’slippery’ leather seats and retracting 3 point seat belts.

You will never see a rally car without them, both for the navigator and the driver.
I made mine of folded aluminium and used 3 x 6mm cap screws to attach to 6mm ’nutserts’ fitted to the transmission tunnel.
You will have to play around with the height in relation to the clutch pedal to work out what is best for you. Mine is almost level with the clutch pedal so the left foot can 'slide' across without lifting.
Contrast this set up with the foot brace in our S2...... This one is far to low as the left foot has to be lifted from the foot brace to the pedal, not the ideal.
For even better control you can fit 'a heel brace' under the accelerator pedal, but this may be going a bit too far for a road car. I have both in the race car and the improvement in control is significant as you are not relying on the full harness seat belt for location.
Check out some images of the original quattro rally cars for more ideas.

Offline RobClubley

• Audi Owner!
  • ###
  • Incessant car tinkerer
Re: Left hand foot brace fo ur quattro
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 05:01:10 pm »
Interesting! WIll add to the long list of things...
1985 ur quattro
2006 A4 3.2 quattro (Not to be modified by order of the wife!)
quattro project